Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2010 R&R Multi-Gun Match, July 10th and 11th

Doug,

In an earlier post you stated that some buckshot might be handy for some of the shotgun targets but the match rules (4.4.1)state no shot larger than #4 birdshot is allowed. Will buckshot be allowed for some targets or not?

Thank You I am looking forward to it.

Jeff

No buck will be required and rules state it cannot be used. We had planned on having a stage where buck was used on paper (we would have adjusted the rules) but decided against it. So leave the buck home. Thanks for the question.

Doug

Edited by Doug H.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, if you are flying in you will be able to sight in on Friday, contact Robert at the range so he can get you on the main rifle range. Registration starts at 7:00AM on Saturday. Shooters meeting is at 7:30AM and shooting starts at 8:00AM.

Doug

Edited by Doug H.

• 2 weeks later...

You heard right.

I was on the same squad as both of them. Both are good guys who sure know how to hit what they aim at.

Thanks to all the match staff, generous sponsors, and the good people on squad 3 for making this very tough match, very enjoyable. I'm sore, sun burned, achey, and need some zzzz's. Such is the weekend of a 3 gunner.

Don't forget about the other divisions.

Heavy Tactical,Tactical, and the Saiga classes.

I would like to thank all of the ROs and match personnel for a well run and organized match that ran very smoothly and finished on time.

I would also like to thank all of the sponsers and especially Remington for sponsering the Tactical(Irons)Class. Thanks for the rifle.

Scott

Congratulations to the winners of the 2010 R&R Multigun Challenge.

Tactial Optics - Chris Sechiatano

Open - Clint Upchurch

Tactial Iron - Scott Kurtz

Heavy Tactical - Chuck Anderson

Tactial Saiga - Scott Hawkins

post-8887-1278976008_thumb.jpgpost-8887-127897602539_thumb.jpgpost-8887-127897604494_thumb.jpgpost-8887-127897605522_thumb.jpgpost-8887-12789760673_thumb.jpg

Sorry I do not have the files so I am posting photos of my score sheets. The R&R website will have the scores up soon.

Doug

Edited by Doug H.

I know they didn't at the match and it might cause more problems than its worth but any chance they'll score the match by the rules?

9.5.15 First Place (lowest time) for each stage, in each class, will receive 100% of the points available

for that stage. Second place and below will receive points on a percentage basis from the first

place time.

9.5.14 All classes will be scored separately.

I'm guessing a couple people will move around a little bit, which is why I figure it would cause more problems than it's worth. The each class is the part I'm looking at. It's just depressing looking at a bunch of 50% stages.

Chuck,

I asked that at the match before the scores were finalized, but it was not possible to re-write the program at the last minute. Score keepers were changed just a few days before the match and the program was from the previous year. I am told it will be fixed for the next year. You're still 100% in my book, thanks for the help on the prize table!

Doug

Edited by Doug H.

I had a great time at the match. Thanks to all the people who made it possible. I just hope my allergy to "A"'s goes away soon. I am looking forward to next year! Mabee we can get a couple of more heavy metal shooters so I don't get lumped with the limited guys. Chuck, thanks for all of your encouragement, I look forward to squading with you again some time!

Great match. Thanks to all the volunteers and workers. What a great facility you have. I think you can spend a little more money on the steel targets and make them bigger so I can hit them!!! I think your targets are the true riddle of steel.

Great Match!

Thanks Robert, Doug all the RO's and their families for all the hard work and sacrifice.

Thanks to all of the sponsors who helped make this match happen. I am looking forward to next year.

Jeff

I saw more misses on the big steel plates of the Texas Stars than I did on the little 5" buggers. How about a Texas Star with all 5" plates...shot from 35 yards...with the pistol.

I think these should be challenging to the slightly above average not just the GM types and that type of crazy target will get me laughed out of Valhalla! But, at least my belt didn't fall off during a stage :)