Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Buckeye Challenge

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

As wary as i am after the recent area 6 gear issues. Is there a match hotel for this yet? if not, maybe just some links to nearby hotels. I really dont care where i stay, just as long as its close and cheap, haha.

Really looking forward to this match!

I don't have time to get the link but there is a Holiday Inn Express on SR-28 and I275 in Milford that is close to the range. We will be putting up some of our RO's there. I grew up in Milford and can say that the issues you had at Area 6 are very unlikely to happen here. If and when we run a level 2 match this will be the match hotel. We have already been approached about the possibilty of running a stae match in the future. (Heads up!)

I just got finished ordering nearly everything we need for the match. We are looking real good. We WILL have awards at the match. I don't know about you folks but getting an award in front of your fellow shooters means a lot more than getting it in the mail a month after the match. I will try to always make it a point to have awards at my matches. We will have signs posted (no shoot targets with arrows) pointing your way to the range. If you can make it as far as US50 and Stonelick-Williams Corner Rd you shouldn't get lost. I also wanted to say again that we are NOT adding the late fee for late sign-up until the 15th. Some people have sent in the extra $10.00 and will get a refund at registration. If you send your apps in before the 15th it is still only $45.00. We still have plenty of room! I would love to see a couple more seniors in Production and Limited so I can give someone a plaque for that. All requests for squadding, so far, have been taken care of. I can see why on-line squadding is so cool. This stuff can make your head spin. I wanted to make one more point before I end this, This match came about as part of an idea that I had to get a lot of new shooter involved in USPSA and it has worked. We will have a lot of new shooters at this match. I am looking to you folks to do what our group has been doing and that is to guide and help them. If you see a shooter who looks confused, take a minute and help him/her out. I don't know why I am explaining this. You folks are the best! You've taught me a lot in the few years I've been at this. Just be aware that this match is going to have more new shooters than normal.

Thanks

DJ

I don't have time to get the link but there is a Holiday Inn Express on SR-28 and I275 in Milford that is close to the range. We will be putting up some of our RO's there. I grew up in Milford and can say that the issues you had at Area 6 are very unlikely to happen here. If and when we run a level 2 match this will be the match hotel. We have already been approached about the possibilty of running a stae match in the future. (Heads up!)

I just got finished ordering nearly everything we need for the match. We are looking real good. We WILL have awards at the match. I don't know about you folks but getting an award in front of your fellow shooters means a lot more than getting it in the mail a month after the match. I will try to always make it a point to have awards at my matches. We will have signs posted (no shoot targets with arrows) pointing your way to the range. If you can make it as far as US50 and Stonelick-Williams Corner Rd you shouldn't get lost. I also wanted to say again that we are NOT adding the late fee for late sign-up until the 15th. Some people have sent in the extra $10.00 and will get a refund at registration. If you send your apps in before the 15th it is still only $45.00. We still have plenty of room! I would love to see a couple more seniors in Production and Limited so I can give someone a plaque for that. All requests for squadding, so far, have been taken care of. I can see why on-line squadding is so cool. This stuff can make your head spin. I wanted to make one more point before I end this, This match came about as part of an idea that I had to get a lot of new shooter involved in USPSA and it has worked. We will have a lot of new shooters at this match. I am looking to you folks to do what our group has been doing and that is to guide and help them. If you see a shooter who looks confused, take a minute and help him/her out. I don't know why I am explaining this. You folks are the best! You've taught me a lot in the few years I've been at this. Just be aware that this match is going to have more new shooters than normal.

Thanks

DJ

cheers.gif

As wary as i am after the recent area 6 gear issues. Is there a match hotel for this yet? if not, maybe just some links to nearby hotels. I really dont care where i stay, just as long as its close and cheap, haha.

Really looking forward to this match!

Corey, this match is also not as well publicized as A6 was either. That match was in the news from the beginning. I think this area might be a little safer.

The closer the match gets, the more excited that I am..........well except that long boring drive on 32 :P

+1 I used to drive back and forth to Athens when my folks were still alive. I still remember when it was a hodge podge of two lane roads to get there from here.

Looking forward to meeting you!

The weights listed on the list for some of the production guns may not be right. Especially some of the S&W guns. The listing for the 5906 does not cover all of the variations. DNROI said that they are working with S&W to clear up the weight issues, and some older model issues. They will be updating weight list. This maybe troubled waters!

----JWB

I really don't think this will be an issue but am working with USPSA staff to clarify it. I'm sure I will have a definative answer before the match, but... if not, I will likely call this just like 'if you don't have a functional bullet scale at a match'... rule book says you use competitors declared weight (of course, final decision belongs to the RM).

My goal is to run this as close to the Nationals/World Shoot chrono stage as possible so people know what to expect as they move to the bigger matches. BTW, one word to the wise... the 'big guns' always come through chrono without a hitch and usually in the low 170's (Major) power factor. They do not try to squeak in at 165.2 for example. Just sayin'... ;)

As chief stats Master for the Buckeye Challenge, I ran the list of registered shooters against todays USPSA update, and I found 15 people who were previously un-classed, now have a classification in their division of choice.

We also had 2 shooters move UP in class .... just in time! :devil: Ralph Lopez made B class in Open & Tony Jones made A class in Open (Master in Limited).

:cheers: Congrats to everybody!

As chief stats Master for the Buckeye Challenge, I ran the list of registered shooters against todays USPSA update, and I found 15 people who were previously un-classed, now have a classification in their division of choice.

We also had 2 shooters move UP in class .... just in time! :devil: Ralph Lopez made B class in Open & Tony Jones made A class in Open (Master in Limited).

:cheers: Congrats to everybody!

Thanks Chris,now if you could only teach me how to beat you that be great!

Tony

I was just about to do that. I got another surprise too. I'm sitting at 73.32%. I just need a little push to get that elusive "A" class.

Got a call from Kinko's and the score sheets are ready. I'll pick them up tomorrow.

I'll run the newly classified shooters and see where we stand with awards and let Manny know what we need and have them shipped.

Dropped off five nice new plastic drums behind the shed tonight. Will have three more to bring out this weekend.

The chrono box is in the "steel" part of the barn on the back wall.

The case of target bags is right inside the USPSA door.

Let me know if there is anything else I might be able to help with.

Do we need any special tools for setting up this week? Saws, drills, hammers, what. My truck is a rolling generator if you need it.

Dan,

Your chrono stage is ready to go. What is the current shooter count? Deb and I will be disappointed if we are talking less than 200 per day (those L IV and V IPSC matches do push the envelope)... :surprise:

Also, are any of our GA brothers coming North for this match (I'm not naming names, but you know who you are)? Sure seems that us Yankees support them in the South. Just sayin...

See everyone in a week. Gonna be a great match and great time. Be safe!

Wow, This is turning out to be a lot of work!!!

We are sitting at 91 shooters as of today. Probably will be somewhere around 95 by the time the shooting starts.

Thanks a bunch Sarge for all you have done. Brian, you are the best!

I have the score sheets and they are good to go. I'll be getting a bunch of the little things ready to go tomorrow and doing some fixing on some of the stickers cause some people can't keep their guns running (Fran). :roflol:

Chris has been doing a bang up job keeping up with the changes and updates.

If I don't get the opportunity or if some people don't get the message I'll post it here:

Registration will begin on the 23rd at 8:00am. The shooters meeting will be at approx. 8:45am with shooting starting at 9:00am. I will have sign posted so people can find their way to the range on time. All squading requests up to today have been taken care of. I will try to post an updated squad list later tonight so if we have a problem you can let me know.

Yeah Dan, from my chats with others who put these big matches on, they are a LOT of work! Sounds like you have a good handle on things so far. Good job and keep up the good work. I think this will ba a very good thing for the club and a great match overall.

Wow, This is turning out to be a lot of work!!!

Tell me about it! Once its all said and done though you can sit back with a big smile on your face and revile in the fact that it was such a success. With the crew that you have helping I would expect it to be nothing less! cheers.gif