Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

GSSF

INGOglock34

• 2 weeks later...

got my membership and certificate today. :D . I now need to get my certificate gun ordered. I am thinking about a 35

When did you send it out and/or have the payment processed?

I just sent my app in as well, they deducted from my debit card a few days ago.

Once you have a membership number, best to e-mail them a request for the certificate. The e-mail is on the GSSF website. They take a few weeks to process new applications +/- a few weeks based on matches and such. My check got cashed 18 days after mailed and I got my new card 1 week later. I e-mailed a cert request and received that 4 days later.

• 5 months later...

I've always gotten reasonably fast turnaround with my GSSF membership.....but it's not as quick as commercial enterprises, because it's not that kind of organization.

This sounds similar to a situation we sometimes encounter in our shooting club, and every once in a while someone has to be told (nicely, if possible) "No, we're not open 24/7; no, I don't have an 800 number; no, we're just going to keep shooting twice a month and only sell ammo once a month. You need to remember that this is an ALL VOLUNTEER organization, and adjust your expectations accordingly." Oh, yes, and they can feel free to register their concerns with the program director.....but be sure to read the fine print, where "Every member holds a membership, and is able to attend shoots strictly at the pleasure of the program director." We're not responsible to any constituency, and don't pretend to be. We have a policy that anyone who finds the rules & regs intolerable is free to immediately receive a prorated refund of the current year's membership and hit the parking lot.....it's amazing how much all this simplifies things.

Once you have a membership number, best to e-mail them a request for the certificate. The e-mail is on the GSSF website. They take a few weeks to process new applications +/- a few weeks based on matches and such. My check got cashed 18 days after mailed and I got my new card 1 week later. I e-mailed a cert request and received that 4 days later.

GSSF Pistol Purchase Program 2010

No certificate needed anymore, just take your GSSF membership card with you.

Edited by mtguy

GSSF Pistol Purchase Program 2010

No certificate needed anymore, just take your GSSF membership card with you.

What he said.