Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2010 Mississippi Classic

Hey John,

Since Area - 4 is just the week after MS classic, how about on that shoot 1 on each reload 1 on each out of the boxes put the freestyle box at 50 yards ???? the strong hand at 30 and the weak hand at 20 ???? :devil::devil::devil::devil:

Hopalong

So let me get this straight... you want us to change some of our stages we designed to turn our match into a better practice session for you so you can prepare for Area 4? Hmmm, let me think about that. Yep, I'm insulted.

:sight: Ok Mr. Keen, it's beer mikes for you buddy.

For every miss you throw you now owe me one beer. It's a new match rule, look it up.

Good luck to you sir. I'm off to grease some clam-shells and weld additional weights to some swingers.

See you in two weeks.

John, If you will count me in for half I'll skip the shooting and just follow Chris around heckling and throwing rocks at him while he shoots!!!!

That's Sam Keen -- Not Chris Keen.

Should have been obvious from the reckless heckling style . . .

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Columbia SC

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

John,

If it is all the same to you, you can leave the clamshells rusty and the swingers as is. I don't need any swingers to swing faster, and I certainly don't need clamshells to close faster. The one no shoot I got last year was on a clamshell.

Chris

Hey John,

Since Area - 4 is just the week after MS classic, how about on that shoot 1 on each reload 1 on each out of the boxes put the freestyle box at 50 yards ???? the strong hand at 30 and the weak hand at 20 ???? :devil::devil::devil::devil:

Hopalong

So let me get this straight... you want us to change some of our stages we designed to turn our match into a better practice session for you so you can prepare for Area 4? Hmmm, let me think about that. Yep, I'm insulted.

For every miss you throw you now owe me one beer. It's a new match rule, look it up.

Good luck to you sir. I'm off to grease some clam-shells and weld additional weights to some swingers.

See you in two weeks.

John, If you will count me in for half I'll skip the shooting and just follow Chris around heckling and throwing rocks at him while he shoots!!!!

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Columbia SC

Sam Keen...Chris Keen(sorry Chris I know that is a LOW blow)...but makes no difference....I'll still make that deal for anyone who John gets to take it...... :cheers: I need a few (cases) after the last couple weeks I have had!!

PS...Sam would be a easier target shooting that revolver as he will be standing still more often :sight:

Edited by DrawandDuck

:roflol:

Hey John,

Hopalong

See you in two weeks.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Columbia SC

Sam Keen...Chris Keen(sorry Chris I know that is a LOW blow)...but makes no difference....I'll still make that deal for anyone who John gets to take it...... :cheers: I need a few (cases) after the last couple weeks I have had!!

PS...Sam would be a easier target shooting that revolver as he will be standing still more often :sight:

Unfortunately, Sam informs me that he will be shooting Production this year. Seems he doesn't have the 230 hard casts that he used to when he shot Revolver. :roflol:

Just a little request here guys. When a shooter asks the RO to hold the timer close because he's double plugged please hold it as close as possible

Thanks

Edited by boz1911

Hmmm, so this is what happens when a revolver shooter gets his hands on a gun with ten bullets in it? Scary.

I don't know what they have in Tennessee, but shooters who like that kind of shooting in Alabama shoot silhouette. John, if Sam really wants to shoot that far, you could always have an "optional" 50-yard box :devil: .

However, I'm sporting a new 6" limited gun, so you'll get no complaint from me either way. I hit our "gong" (manway off a storage tank) 8 shots in a row at 200 yds with it a couple of weeks ago.

Greetings Competitors,

The 2010 Mississippi Classic is a little over a week away and, on behalf of the match staff, it is my pleasure to bring you a few last minute details:

1. Competitor check-in will be held at the range on Friday, May 14th from 6:30pm until 8:30pm. If you are unable to attend, please make arrangements for someone to pick up your match packet for you.

2. There will be a limited check-in at the range on Saturday morning from 6:30am until 7:00am for those unable to attend Friday night. Walk-in competitors wishing to register for the match may do so Friday night or at the range prior to the match ONLY if slots remain available. Standard late entry fees apply. No competitor registrations will be accepted after 7:00am.

3. All competitors should plan to be at the range no later than 7:00am on both Saturday, May 15th and Sunday, May 16th.

4. The 2010 Mississippi Classic consists of ten challenging stages, including one classifier stage, with a minimum round count of 266. Stage diagrams for the 2010 Mississippi Classic have been posted to the match website (http://www.teammagnolia.com/classic/).

5. RO's and “Shoot Through” competitors will shoot on Friday the 15th beginning at 8:00am. The range will be open to spectators on Friday but please observe the roped off areas, do not interfere with any of the squads shooting, and do not manipulate any of the activating targets/props.

6. We have several fine vendors coming to set up at the match this year. Please do the vendors and yourselves a favor by pre-ordering your products from them. It’s hard for these guys to bring everything in their inventory to the match, so if you let them know you need something ahead of time you improve your odds of going home happy, especially when it comes to hard to find items like powder and primers. You can find a current list of vendors in the “Vendor’s Corner” section of the match website (http://www.teammagnolia.com/classic/).

7. On Saturday night after shooting is done we’re hosting a “get together” at the range and everyone is invited. We'll have refreshments available and some grills going if anyone wants to burn some meat. It will be very informal and you’re welcome to come by for a few minutes or camp out all night. Musical instruments are welcome, actual talent is not a prerequisite. 

Please let me know if you have any questions about the match (jheiter@teammagnolia.com) and I look forward to seeing you all on the 14th at the range.

Thanks,

John Heiter

Match Director

2010 Mississippi Classic

http://www.teammagnolia.com/classic/

7. On Saturday night after shooting is done were hosting a get together at the range and everyone is invited. We'll have refreshments available and some grills going if anyone wants to burn some meat. It will be very informal and youre welcome to come by for a few minutes or camp out all night. Musical instruments are welcome, actual talent is not a prerequisite.

Thank goodness. Jack Suber will be able to attend . . .

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Columbia SC

Edited by LChico

Only a few more days left!!!!!!!! Woot Woot!!! :goof:

Already got all my gear out..... planning what to bring...... etc etc

This is gonna be a lot of fun ya'll. Can't wait to see everyone on stage 7!!

OK John,

Since your little stage isn't a challenge enough for such a HIGH QUALITY match I think you need to take the box "A" out to 50 yds !!!! :cheers:

How's that ? :devil:

Hopalong

Not to worry Sam. I am doing Stage Four this year and I will put a "special" box out just for you :cheers:

Boxes.....I KNOW you will be seeing some of these boxes.....or is cases a better description??

No cases, (unless you bring your own), but count on a keg. I am ordering it tomorrow and it will not be "girlie" beer. :cheers:

Lord help me, I am forced by popular opinion to go with Miller Lite. :bow:

My apologies to all the real beer drinkers. :(

These are hard times for us all.

Edited by Bwana Six-Gun

Boxes.....I KNOW you will be seeing some of these boxes.....or is cases a better description??

No cases, (unless you bring your own), but count on a keg. I am ordering it tomorrow and it will not be "girlie" beer. :cheers:

Never travel without my "girlie" beer.....I even know where the pit stops are along the way too..... :cheers::cheers:

Never travel without my "girlie" beer.....I even know where the pit stops are along the way too..... :cheers::cheers:

Sounds like it's a good B'ham isn't too far from Jackson, or he might not make it until the match was over :surprise: ! At least the 'Vette will cover the road between pit stops faster. :cheers:

I'm sure looking forward to this match, especially after surviving the Area 6 match.

Edited by chemepharmd

I see KGentry lurking....

Are you going? It was nice meeting you and James last year and I hope to see y'all again.

=================================

I wish it was this weekend. :D

Yes sir...you still staying at home like you told me???

Nope, I am now able to make it down there.....the only problem is - the last time I will have touched a gun will be at Area 6. :-)

Hi Guys,

Here's a quick numbers update. As of last night we had 187 confirmed entries.

Limited - 56

Production - 52

Open - 44

SingleStack - 16

Revolver - 12

L-10 - 7

We also have right at fifty sponsors who have been very generous this year so the prize table is looking better and better. Please be sure to thank these guys for their support when you do business with them.

3Gun Stuff LLC

Accurate Plating & Weaponry, Inc

Action Shooting Supply

Barnes Bullets Inc

Bar-Sto Precision Machine

Battenfeld Technologies, Inc.

Blackpowder Products Inc

Boyt Harness Company

Cabela's Inc

CCI Ammunition

Center of Mass

Chris's Winning Shooting Accessories LLC

Dawson Precision

Decot Hy-Wyd Sport Glasses

Flambeau, Inc Consumer Division

Freedom Gun Works

GAT Bullets

Glock, Inc.

GTUL LLC

Hodgdon Powder Company

JR's Hearing MuffSweats

Laughing Rabbit Inc

Lauer Weaponry

Lee Precision Inc

MAG Instrument, Inc.

Magnolia Rifle & Pistol Club

Max's Choice Inc

Montana Gold

New Innovative Products, Inc

Nighthawk Custom

North Pass

Oregon Freeze Dry Inc

Otis Technologies, Inc.

Outdoor Edge Cutlery Corp

Precision Bullets

Precision Delta

Rainier Ballistics

Redding Reloading Equipment

Remington

Rudy Project

Rugged Gear

Shooter's Connection

Sierra Bullets

Springfield Armory USA

Starline

STI International, Inc.

TruckVault

UniqueTek Inc

Wilson Combat® & Scattergun Technologies™

ZERO Ammunition Co. Inc.

Pat,

I will bring some manly beer. Perhaps I will go raid Tray's home brew stuff too!! Miller Lite? Perrier? Same thing. :D Ordering some cigars as well.... Looking forward to visiting w/ everyone!

Pat... .or someone local..... can ya'll come over one afternoon and maybe help me clean out my reloading room?

beer-can-utah-townhouse4.jpg

Edited by MrClean