Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Revolution Comp

Bill Schwab

Would seem to be a similar concept to what Venry has done (and shone on here in the past).

I was thinking the same thing when I looked at it... the primary difference is that Venry's design still had multiple expansion chambers (which, I would bet, would make Venry's a more efficient design....)

Do you really think it will make that much difference? Maybe it will perform a little better but please tell me how. I read the web sights article and was not convinced. Is it a new concept? No it just a different wrapping. To spend $900.00 for something that still is similar but different is not logical.

If anybody figures out how it works, it would be interesting. Let us know. Hard to tell from Website, how or why it works. For a comp to work the gas has to go somewhere. If there are just a bunch of chambers, it might be considered a silencer. Very hard to justify $900 for comp when there are plenty of great ones ( including ours ) in the $100 range.

Would love to know if it works, but one statement on their web page either needs further explanation or could be a problem

"pressure feed for the chamber is delivered by an intricate circuit of nozzles machined into the barrel itself"

I am somewhat skeptical of "intricate circuit" because bullet debris and gas debris is notorious for fowling and the smaller the dimensions, the harder it is to clean.

Could it be it is designed for low gas pressure systems like .45?

If anybody figures out how it works, it would be interesting. Let us know. Hard to tell from Website, how or why it works. For a comp to work the gas has to go somewhere. If there are just a bunch of chambers, it might be considered a silencer. Very hard to justify $900 for comp when there are plenty of great ones ( including ours ) in the $100 range.

Would love to know if it works, but one statement on their web page either needs further explanation or could be a problem

"pressure feed for the chamber is delivered by an intricate circuit of nozzles machined into the barrel itself"

I am somewhat skeptical of "intricate circuit" because bullet debris and gas debris is notorious for fowling and the smaller the dimensions, the harder it is to clean.

Could it be it is designed for low gas pressure systems like .45?

I was reading the same desciption and had similar thoughts.

.....'wow, this thing could clog up real easily with all the gas and powder debris

we generate in open guns'

I would love to see an x-section of the integral barrel with these gas channels