Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

STI DVC vs Apeiro

3djedi

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I've read the opposite about where sight tracker barrels lockup into the slide. The AET technology should accurize quality jacketed bullets.

Sti website says it tightens lockup and slide to barrel fit.

http://stiguns.com/guns/apeiro/

Montana Gold jacketed HP's are considered quality fmj's. Right?

So with tighter lockup, tighter slide to barrel fit, and an AET barrel with Montana Gold fmj's I figured I would get better results over the DVC.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Maybe the Apeiro just doesn't like what you're feeding it. Try some different weight bullets? Different powder?

could be. I've been using titegroup for everything. I have lots of CFE pistol I could try.

Maybe I should order some sample packs of 165g and possibly 200g......

Jedi, I don't doubt what you said you read and I've not had any negative issues with the ST design. But when you think about the barrel not being fully contained by the slide like a bull barrel is, I get why people think they may be less accurate.

Jedi,

If you get tired of that inaccurate Apeiro, I would gladly take her off you hands. Just saying.... B)

Just mail me you Aperio, I can use it for a parts gun. Wait I dont need parts, well send it any way, they are great play toys, :devil:

lol..... I don't know. I think I shoot the Apeiro better at actual matches.

Bingo, do you ever shoot a pistol off a rest in a match? Nope....Its not what you want to hear, but this is all in your head.

What are the differences in weight of the two frames and slides

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apeiro

---------------

Frame 505g (17.8oz)

slide 586g (20.7oz)

--------------------

Total 1091g ( 38.5 oz) (STI website claims 45oz)

DVC

---------------

Frame 510g (18.0oz)

Slide 569g (20.1oz)

--------------------------

Total 1079g (38.1oz) (sti website claims 41oz)

Very close. I weighed these WITHOUT an empty mag.So maybe STI weighed them with mags. Also, I took the stainless steel magwell off the Apeiro and it now has a dawson ice magwell which, I'm sure, is lighter.

Apeiro

---------------

Frame 505g (17.8oz)

slide 586g (20.7oz)

--------------------

DVC

---------------

Frame 510g (18.0oz)

Slide 569g (20.1oz)

Very close. I weighed these WITHOUT an empty mag.So maybe STI weighed them with mags. Also, I took the stainless steel magwell off the Apeiro and it now has a dawson ice magwell which, I'm sure, is lighter.

I'm curious as to what the breakdown is for the slide weights. (Barrel+recoil spring+guide rod+ bare slide= slide)

This is killing me. I'm going into my LGS to order one of the two tomorrow. May end up being a coin toss.

pretty much. They cost about the same weigh about the same.

The Apeiro you get the sight tracker and AET barrel. But it comes with the standard grip and only one 126mm mag which is pretty much useless unless you live in a communist state.

The DVC you get the pretty slide cuts, the new trigger and sear, two 140mm mags, and the stippled and reduced grip. Pretty much ready to go for limited. Probably a better value for the money.

Apeiro

---------------

Frame 505g (17.8oz)

slide 586g (20.7oz)

--------------------

DVC

---------------

Frame 510g (18.0oz)

Slide 569g (20.1oz)

I'm curious as to what the breakdown is for the slide weights. (Barrel+recoil spring+guide rod+ bare slide= slide)

I can try to weigh those out later for ya. They both have dawson tooless guiderods so those are identical in weight.

Apeiro

---------------

Frame 505g (17.8oz)

slide 586g (20.7oz)

--------------------

DVC

---------------

Frame 510g (18.0oz)

Slide 569g (20.1oz)

I can try to weigh those out later for ya. They both have dawson tooless guiderods so those are identical in weight.

Yeah, if you just weighed the barrel and the bare slide that would be awesome.

Apeiro

--------------

barrel 172g (6.1oz)

slide 357g (12.6oz)

DVC

---------------

barrel 158g (5.6oz)

slide 354g (12.5oz)

Slides are almost identical in weight. Apeiro barrel is slightly heavier.

Apeiro

--------------

barrel 172g (6.1oz)

slide 357g (12.6oz)

DVC

---------------

barrel 158g (5.6oz)

slide 354g (12.5oz)

Slides are almost identical in weight. Apeiro barrel is slightly heavier.

Thanks, good info.

Well I just put a deposit on a DVC. Should have plenty of time to piece together a limited belt Setup and start loading .40

Congrats! I don't think you will be disappointed. My DVC seems to be very accurate with every type of bullet I throw at it. I tested some blue bullets today. Between rested and freehand I got an average group size of 2.125" (5 rested and 5 freehand 10 shots total)

Matter of fact here is the average group sizes for all the bullets types (and remember I not much of a bench rest shooter or freehand!) (this is only muzzle supported bench rest BTW)

Montana gold 2.08"

Xtreme HP's 2.44

Blue bullets 2.125

precision 2.33

Average of all 2.24" (50 shots total over two test days)

Edited by 3djedi

and here's the Apeiro results

MG hp's 4.25"

Xtreme hp 2.73"

Blue Bl 2.875"

precision 4.0

Average of all 3.46" (50 shots total over two tests days. 25 rested 25 freehand)

Edited by 3djedi

Luckily my LGS already had one on order that they just put my name on. Really hoping it doesn't take the 6-9 months they mentioned. I think their order was placed sometime this summer

There's quite a few available on gunbroker.

Luckily my LGS already had one on order that they just put my name on. Really hoping it doesn't take the 6-9 months they mentioned. I think their order was placed sometime this summer

There's quite a few available on gunbroker.

Yeah...I just wanted to show my LGS some love since their indoor matches are what got me into USPSA.