Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Thinking of going to the EAA/Tanfoglio camp ...

lfine

Based upon my experience with Winchesters and a thin washer slipped underneath the black primer-seating bracket on the frame of the 650?

Your gun will eat Winchester primers all day long. It will probably do so without shimming the primer punch upward, but I never tried it so I cannot say so for certain.

My gun ran Winchesters flawlessly with a 13lb spring, and the EGD Light is about 13.8lbs.

I also had a Bolo installed and had not stroked it yet, so my hammer didn’t travel nearly as far backward as yours does. The Bolo doesn’t hit as hard without tuning it for maximum hammer-stroke, and I did that later.

Fed primers went bang on my 650 so I have since switched to exclusively WSP and S&B. 5lbs 3oz DA and 2lbs 2oz SA, never have light strikes unless the hammer spring (Xtreme light) is worn off (typically after 10k rounds).

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

17 hours ago, JusticeOfToren said:
22 hours ago, MemphisMechanic said:

Based upon my experience with Winchesters and a thin washer slipped underneath the black primer-seating bracket on the frame of the 650?

Your gun will eat Winchester primers all day long. It will probably do so without shimming the primer punch upward, but I never tried it so I cannot say so for certain.

My gun ran Winchesters flawlessly with a 13lb spring, and the EGD Light is about 13.8lbs.

I also had a Bolo installed and had not stroked it yet, so my hammer didn’t travel nearly as far backward as yours does. The Bolo doesn’t hit as hard without tuning it for maximum hammer-stroke, and I did that later.

Fed primers went bang on my 650 so I have since switched to exclusively WSP and S&B. 5lbs 3oz DA and 2lbs 2oz SA, never have light strikes unless the hammer spring (Xtreme light) is worn off (typically after 10k rounds).

Your gun sounds like it's set up nicely.  Just an FYI,  the PD 14 will typically have less of the stacking feel than the EG Light and will be every so slightly more robust in strike force.  You may want to experiment next time you refresh.

So what's the opinion on LimPro vs Stock II?

I used the Lim Pro and Stock 2 interchangeably for most of last season. Besides slight differences in fit in the holster I can’t say they shoot differently. Maybe the top guys would notice a difference but not at M level anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, TravisNC said:

My understanding is it’s 6 vs. half a dozen. 

I own both.   they are essentially the same. But, i always seemed just a tick more accurate with the lim pro. But my kid "adopted" it, so i don't get to play with it much anymore.

On 1/12/2018 at 5:02 PM, lfine said:

So what's the opinion on LimPro vs Stock II?

Unless you want to shoot IDPA, then choose whichever you find a good deal on first.

National championships have been won with both. By guys who could have done it using a worn out Glock with a bent barrel.

Skill > Gear.

5 hours ago, MemphisMechanic said:

Unless you want to shoot IDPA, then choose whichever you find a good deal on first.

National championships have been won with both. By guys who could have done it using a worn out Glock with a bent barrel.

Skill > Gear.

Agreed...

Stock II still not good for IDPA except in the not-for-competition division unless they made cone barrels legal (which would be awesome)!

11 hours ago, V2plus25 said:

Agreed...

Stock II still not good for IDPA except in the not-for-competition division unless they made cone barrels legal (which would be awesome)!

They made 30-round PCC legal in IDPA but would not make 4.25''+ cone barrel legal.   I guess too much competition for all the 4.25'' WC cone barrel guns :) 

5 hours ago, JusticeOfToren said:

They made 30-round PCC legal in IDPA but would not make 4.25''+ cone barrel legal.   I guess too much competition for all the 4.25'' WC cone barrel guns :) 

Help Wilson figure out how to charge a $2000.00 base price for one & that will fix the problem. 

https://www.wilsoncombat.com/ar9-sbr/