Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cz open minor?

AngeloConde

There are two ways to do Open minor:

A. Use Production-type loads (fast powder, heavier bullets)

B. Slow powder, light bullet to get the most effect from the comp

If you choose option A you might as well skip the comp, because it won't do much for you anyway, if you choose option B you might as well load major and take the extra points.

If you read any of my posts, you'll see I did the same with by TS.  I use factory ammo so no comp for me.  

Be careful with your drilling and follow the steps in my "drilling your TS" thread. It's not incredibly difficult, but it is easy to mess up quickly.  The 75 looks like it has less usable space to put the mounting holes, so find the correct hole locations (make sure they are level with the slide) and put a nice dimple there and make sure you don't wander with your drill bit even the smallest amount.

Feel free to contact me with any q's

1 hour ago, Pistolpete9 said:

If you read any of my posts, you'll see I did the same with by TS.  I use factory ammo so no comp for me.  

Be careful with your drilling and follow the steps in my "drilling your TS" thread. It's not incredibly difficult, but it is easy to mess up quickly.  The 75 looks like it has less usable space to put the mounting holes, so find the correct hole locations (make sure they are level with the slide) and put a nice dimple there and make sure you don't wander with your drill bit even the smallest amount.

Feel free to contact me with any q's

Thank you very much. Yea I have read your post and have it saved for when I start my project. The only I'm curious of is how does the sti svc steel utilize a comp and also factory ammo. I would love to put a comp on it as I don't reload and won't be until about may when my czechmate comes in.

39 minutes ago, AngeloConde said:

Thank you very much. Yea I have read your post and have it saved for when I start my project. The only I'm curious of is how does the sti svc steel utilize a comp and also factory ammo. I would love to put a comp on it as I don't reload and won't be until about may when my czechmate comes in.

balance of weight and springs. need lighter comp, light springs to get the gun to cycle correctly and effectively.

mine I use a little hotter factory ammo to get the slide speed up and the comp to work a little bit.

The comp will have minimal benefit on a minor gun and is a lot of extra cost and effort so I've avoided it.  My TS has been freakishly reliable so I didn't want to toy with cyclic rates, finding perfect ammo, etc.  Probably would work just fine, but like I said, minimal benefit.  

45 minutes ago, Pistolpete9 said:

The comp will have minimal benefit on a minor gun and is a lot of extra cost and effort so I've avoided it.  My TS has been freakishly reliable so I didn't want to toy with cyclic rates, finding perfect ammo, etc.  Probably would work just fine, but like I said, minimal benefit.  

Yes that is true. Guess I could use the funds for more ammo lol

Are you planning to run a magwell and are you really married to keeping the gun SAO.? I would think it would be better to true the 75B into a carry optics gun and then run it like that in steel matches.

If you must have the magwell and keep it SAO I would do something like Angus did Year’s ago and have the top of the slide milled out and have the barrel magnaported. Then just slap a red dot on the slide and call it done.

On 12/13/2017 at 1:17 PM, Dutycalls75 said:

Are you planning to run a magwell and are you really married to keeping the gun SAO.? I would think it would be better to true the 75B into a carry optics gun and then run it like that in steel matches.

If you must have the magwell and keep it SAO I would do something like Angus did Year’s ago and have the top of the slide milled out and have the barrel magnaported. Then just slap a red dot on the slide and call it done.

Was thinking about the magwell. I reload nuch much fast with one so i will probably put one on .The cm that I am buying has a lot of extra parts I mean a lot lol one of which is a cheeky 90degree cmore mount and the regular cm mount was going to use that and mount a cmore to my 75b.