Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZC Mulit Optic Sight cut, issues?

GregJ

Anyone experienced issues with the CZC mulit-optic cut? Looking at one and will use a Vortex Venom optic.  How secure is the optic on the slide? I believe pins are provided, will they work with the Venom?   :cheers:

I have CZ Multi cut slide.  I had a Viper on mine and now have Deltapoint Pro.  Viper worked just fine on the multi cut.  The Viper is the same base pattern as the Venom I believe.  It only used 3 it the floating pins with the Viper which was not a problem

Mine is rock solid.  I used Purple Loctite on all the screws and it has not moved since I installed it.  That was six Steel Challenge matches, 8 outlaw steel matches and a couple of practice sessions ago.

Here is a pic if the Springer plate and the bottom if the Venom. The only holes for pins are at the 4 corners, which are too far out. So there is no problem with the Venom being held by the screws only?  Just dont want to be making an expensive mistake. 

IMG_7490.JPG

The Venom uses the Docter/Burris mount.  The Burris absolutely does work w/pins on the CZC multi-mount.  The CZC mount is also more secure than the Springer, and it is cut so the mount is parallel to the bore axis in battery.

9 minutes ago, zzt said:

The Venom uses the Docter/Burris mount.  The Burris absolutely does work w/pins on the CZC multi-mount.  The CZC mount is also more secure than the Springer, and it is cut so the mount is parallel to the bore axis in battery.

Thank you. :cheers:

• 2 weeks later...

I got the CZC multi-optic cut slide/top end.  Only problem so far is the Venom screws are not staying tight.  Second practice session yesterday and they loosened again.  I took it apart, cleaned everything with acetone, applied liberal amount of Loctite 243, and some Gorilla glue around the screw shoulder (saw this worked for someone here). Got a local match sat so will see if it says secure then.  Not sure what to do after this if it does, other than new screws and maybe red loctitie - which I really dont want to do for obvious reasons. I have seen mixed results here with people reusing same screws, so I may order some new ones just in case. 

On 8/3/2017 at 8:00 AM, PrimaryBruce said:

These small screws will stretch after 2-3 rounds of tightening/loosening. It would be worth it to get new ones. At least that has been our experience.

Absolutely agree!!

Reading this made me check mine...  Yep!  Still tight! 

When I first mounted my RTS2, I cleaned both the inside and outside threads with alcohol, dried them thoroughly, used blue Locktite, and tightened the scews well. 

I have had NO issues whatsoever since originally mounting the optic!  

Mine stayed tight after a 170 rnd local match, so far so good. But will keep a eye on them. 

I realized that I had put in the pan screws that I believe came with the Springer plate, instead of the Torquz cap head screws. Not sure if it matters. But I got more cap head screws from Vortex, so they will be going in next time. :cheers:

Edited by GregJ

Make sure that the screws match the threads in the SLIDE, NOT the RD!  Screws provided by Vortex may not be the right threads for your milled slide...  If you encounter any resistance when starting the screw into the threaded holes, STOP!  

It is very important to get the RD tight, because if loose screws flop around under recoil very long, the internal threads may be damaged to where you will always have problems keeping them tight!  

Also check to ensure the screws you use aren't bottoming out before they tighten well. 

I had to shorten the screws that I used on mine a little, because snugging them down against the bottom of the threaded hole wasn't holding the RD securely enough.  They were bottoming out just half a mm or so too soon.  I just ground them to fit.  Naturally, you also have to deburr the screws after shortening, or a burr could strip the threads.  If you aren't confident about how to do that properly, get the correct screws from CZC.  

The good news is, once you have it mounted well, you probably won't have to worry about it for a long time (if you clean the threads and use Loctite).