Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Wilson Combat and CCP

opensol

I have a Kimber 4" barrel 9mm Tactical Pro that I bought used and fixed up just for matches and practice.  It has the full length frame and a mag well.  I 'thinned out' the ambidextreous safety so that it makes the width requirement.   At the 2015 Arizona State match it fit in the CCP box even with Tripp magazines.  Has the CCP box changed since then?   

If the Kimber doesn't fit t I could shoot my EDC Wilson Compact with the shorter frame but would rather not.   

Edited by Rideandshoot

• 4 weeks later...

When they first came out with CCP, I bought a mid-sized, M&P .45, and dropped in an Apex trigger kit.

With minor loads, it's a LOT softer than 9mm.

According to the way I measure it, I SHOULD have 1/16" of wiggle room.

I shot an IDPA match last week, and asked if they got new boxes. They said they are getting new spacers. I'll have to see if it fits.

• 2 weeks later...

A lot of us bought new guns for CCP and a lot became extinct with the new rule book.  My SA Mod 2 4" is now too tall, by about 1/8".

I think I can stuff it in the box with CZ-75 metal basepads, but I have to wait for our club to get the new inserts to try it.

I'm certainly not risking a Sanctioned match with it right now.

If it doesn't fit with the new basepads, I'll be selling this one.

I'm certainly not buying any new guns for any new classes in IDPA from now on.

I guess I can sell the upgraded trigger separately...maybe?

I was close to buying a Springfield Range Officer Champion 9mm last year, I would have been stuck with it now. Already have a full size 1911 in 9mm for ESP,

so the Champion would not have been used in any matches.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
On 2/23/2017 at 7:05 AM, RH45 said:

When they first came out with CCP, I bought a mid-sized, M&P .45, and dropped in an Apex trigger kit.

With minor loads, it's a LOT softer than 9mm.

According to the way I measure it, I SHOULD have 1/16" of wiggle room.

I shot an IDPA match last week, and asked if they got new boxes. They said they are getting new spacers. I'll have to see if it fits.

I tried it in the new box, with spacers, and it's tight, for height, but, it goes in.

As much as I prefer Les Baer, Wilson, or STI, I think the mid-size M&P is THE gamer gun. 

I was originally looking for an STI VIP for CCP, because the double stack mag reloads ok without a magwell, but, doing a slide lock reload, with an older M&P, the slide will auto forward. I know that some people have had issues with their M&Ps not stripping a round from the magazine, but, all of mine have been 100%

• 5 weeks later...
On 12/29/2016 at 11:25 AM, SoonerPast said:

Wilson Combat website lists:

Overall Length: 7.85″

Good catch.   Won't fit in 7.75"    Do you think the latest new Rule Book edition has yet another error????

Been looking into this, and https://www.ammoland.com/2017/06/team-wilson-combat-wins-wisconsin-state-idpa-championship/ claims Greg Martin won CCP with a CQB Compact Commander.  Would really like to hear from someone who has put one in the box before spending the cash.

Edited by IndyMichaelB

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/16/2018 at 6:57 PM, IndyMichaelB said:

The EDC X9 is too big for CCP.  Are you sure they were shooting CCP and not ESP?  If CCP, do you know how they modified the pistol to fit?  I would love to get a X9 to fit and use it in CCP.

That makes two of us. I’m just about ready to purchase an EDC X9 for carry and would love to use it in CCP. However, my Springfield Range Officer Compact with magwell gets it done very nicely!!!