Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Versa Max Tactical Bolt Handle

T Bacus

I ordered a bolt handle from Briley for my Versamax Tactical and it's the wrong item. I guess the handle for the standard Versamax is different than the Tactical. Looking at the one in my gun it has a round shaft with a detent groove on the end of it. It looks like the handle for the Benelli M1-M2/Beretta Extrema. Before I have them send me another one can anyone with a Versmax Tactical confirm the correct handle for it?

Thanks, Tim

The bolt handle slot on the standard VersaMax and the Tactical are identical.

On my 26" VersaMax I am running the "old style" Benelli M2 bolt handle made by Nordic. Nordic also makes the bolt handle for the Tactical.

Mick

I ordered a bolt handle from Briley for my Versamax Tactical and it's the wrong item. I guess the handle for the standard Versamax is different than the Tactical. Looking at the one in my gun it has a round shaft with a detent groove on the end of it. It looks like the handle for the Benelli M1-M2/Beretta Extrema. Before I have them send me another one can anyone with a Versmax Tactical confirm the correct handle for it?

Thanks, Tim

Edited by MickB

I also have a VM tactical and ordered a Briley bolt handle for the VM. Like yours, it didn't fit at all. Not even close. I don't know what gun the handle advertised to fit the VM is, but its not the VM. I think Briley needs to fix something or reorganize their parts bins lol. Just order a bolt handle for the M1/M2, it will for the VM

this subject came up last time I was at Briley, and we took a standard versa max off the shelf, and put our versa max bolt handle in the bolt and had no problem whatsoever. It fit like a glove. We then put a Benelli M1/2 bolt handle in the standard versa max bolt and it fit but it stuck out the other side of the bolt, which would hinder cycling of the bolt. Now there could be a difference between the standard versa max, and the tactical model? I will find out and let you guys know what we come up with.

Can someone post a pic of their factory versa max tactical bolt handle.

edited for pic

Edited by Sean Gaines

I can post a pic later, but I can tell you that the Nordic Bennelli M1/M2 rotating bolt handle shaft and that on the Tactical models are identical....

Looks like I won't have to post pics (see below)...

Mick

Edited by MickB

Apparently this was why both the design and alloy used to make the bolt handles for the Tactical was changed. This is from what I was told.

Mick

From what I've been told, the VM Tacticals have been hard on bolt handles for some reason. It would be wise to carry an extra.

I can post a pic later, but I can tell you that the Nordic Bennelli M1/M2 rotating bolt handle shaft and that on the Tactical models are identical....

Looks like I won't have to post pics (see below)...

Mick

Looks that way! Thanks guys we will update the website...

I just got the Briley bolt handle designed for the M1/M2 and that didn't fit my versa max tactical either. I thought it would, since the nordic handle for the m1/m2 fit the vm tactical perfectly. The Briley handle had a shoulder on it the doesn't allow the shaft to go deep enough to engage the detent in the bolt. Can someone post a pic of a stock bolt handle for the m1/m2 so that I can see the difference?

I just got the Briley bolt handle designed for the M1/M2 and that didn't fit my versa max tactical either. I thought it would, since the nordic handle for the m1/m2 fit the vm tactical perfectly. The Briley handle had a shoulder on it the doesn't allow the shaft to go deep enough to engage the detent in the bolt. Can someone post a pic of a stock bolt handle for the m1/m2 so that I can see the difference?

Handles left to right,

M1/2

Versa Max (stock)

Versa Max Tactical

M1/2 Nordic (fits VM)

M1/2 Factory Extended (fits VM)

post-18319-0-55038300-1346588004_thumb.j

Now there could be a difference between the standard versa max, and the tactical model? I will find out and let you guys know what we come up with.

I didn't notice it till it was brought up, but the bolt in my VM standard has a slot in it like my Benelli's and my VM Tactical has a round hole only. So the tactical model will only accept the straight peg type.

While I haven't seen a Briley's handle, I'm assuming it's patterned like Nordic's BFB, which fits my standard.

Hope this answers your questions.