Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

9mm Major Accuracy

ar15rick

Diameter of the bullets can also have a lot of bearing on how accurate they are. For years I've been using 130 gr LSWC which mike at .359 to .360. Thought I'd try some coated and they mike .356 and are horribly inaccurate, shot some more of the LSWC and back to excellent accuracy. No crimp on either, just straighten the case walls so they match a straight edge. Same brass, same load, same primers and OAL.

I just looked at Blue Bullets and what they they sell are .355" 9mm and .400" 40/10mm.

Doesn't make much sense to me!

I got to shoot it today and Montana Gold HP is the way to go. I loaded with 6.7gr of autocomp for 124gr (170 pf) and 7.6 gr of autocomp for 115 gr. (170 pf) I felt the 124gr to shoot smoother. The accuracy was superb. 5 shots at approx 17 yards shot in about a 2 in group. I shot everything off hand. I'm sure if I would've put it on a rest it would've been all in one hole.

ar15rick,

any chance you can let us know how it went?

I am hunting accuracy and higher power-factor

so I am looking for your thoughts.

miranda

Montana Gold and Zero JHP seem the overwhelming choice of competitive open shooters. There is no price advantage to shoot anything else. I've tried coated 125s but they are not accurate at major power velocities.

The overall profile doesn't perform as well. Not just as far as feeding from my gun but from a test with a seperate gun in a vice they did not perform as well.

Edited by tcazes

• 7 months later...

Ah thank you for the report.

I have the MG HPs now to get to the loader and then the range.

I'll settle for accuracy.

miranda

eta

where has the time gone?

Edited by Miranda

What's wrong with Precision Delta's? Great bullets, in my view, every bit as good as MG, but a bit faster.

I used MG for years in my open gun. Yes, they had excellent accuracy and they were mostly always available. MG prices kept going through the roof.

New player in the game. Precision Delta. PD's new HPs in 115 and 124 are better!. They seal the gases better, extremely accurate, available all the time, and they cost less.

I do not work for PD nor do I gain anything from PD by posting.

What's wrong with Precision Delta's?

PD's new HPs in 115 and 124 are better!. They seal the gases better, extremely accurate, available all the time, and they cost less.

IFF I ever run out of MG's, I'll have to give the PD's a try - sounds good to me :)