Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Question on Mag pouches

champ198

That's what I run. Alot of people don't like them. I've never broken one. For the money I like them. They come with a bullet out and bullet forward (or bullet backwards if you want to start a conversation with every dude at the range) pouches. Hard to go wrong with the ghost pouches

Hard to go wrong with the ghost pouches

That's what I would've said, until a few months ago. I used ghost pouches for around a year, with few issues. Recently I had one break...then another...then another. Ive had at least five broken ghost pouch bodies in a couple months. First three were bullets out, so i switched to my bullets forward ones to try them out. Had two break in four days of dryfire. Zero live fire or matches. I'm going to put new bodies on them and sell them for a good price, to someone that likes them probably. I just got double alpha racemasters used, for a good deal. I like them so far, but they take some tweaking to get right

Daniel K

That's what I run. Alot of people don't like them. I've never broken one. For the money I like them. They come with a bullet out and bullet forward (or bullet backwards if you want to start a conversation with every dude at the range) pouches. Hard to go wrong with the ghost pouches

Strongly agree- very durable and functional

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I have had Ghost, CR Speed and DAA Racer pouches. I like the Racers for my Limited/Open rig, and use the CR speed for my Production and Single stack. I never liked having production set up with bullets out, but I could see the advantage with single stack mags. I think if you want to try each way the Ghost pouches are the way to go. Then if you find you like one way or the other you can always upgrade later and sell the old ones. 

Buy ghost pouches first. For $23 you get bullets out and bullets forward, both.

I'm a lefty and can vouch that they work just fine for production. The same mag pouches work for Glock, CZ, M&P, and Tanfoglio. Which is pretty slick.

Edited by MemphisMechanic

4 hours ago, Mikeski said:

I have had Ghost, CR Speed and DAA Racer pouches. I like the Racers for my Limited/Open rig, and use the CR speed for my Production and Single stack. I never liked having production set up with bullets out, but I could see the advantage with single stack mags. I think if you want to try each way the Ghost pouches are the way to go. Then if you find you like one way or the other you can always upgrade later and sell the old ones. 

This is what I did. Bought the Ghosts, loved the bullets out, hated the belt attachment. Bought Racers and love them. I have them on all of my rigs now. Not sure I'll ever buy another flavor of pouches.