Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bushnell Tactical Elite 1x6.5 BTR1 good for 3-gun?

818-DVC

Sold my XTR. wasn't impressed witt the glass, and 1x4 didn't magnify enough for the long shots. Was going to save for a Razor, but I'm not shooting more than 3-4 3gun matches annually. Found a deal on the Tactical Elite 1x6.5 BTR1, and wanted to hear your thoughts. Thanks!

JL

I love my Bushy TE 1-6.5x BTR-1 scope. I use it once or twice a month for 3gun and it has held zero. I think my longest shot to date was a little over 400 yards a few months back. My friend has the Razor, I do think the FOV is better.....just my 2 cents.....

I hear what your saying. I really like the razor, but its $500 more than what I'm buying the bushnell for with a mount. That's about $200 less per match the first year I own it. I know the XTR was probably fine for as often as I shoot multigun. I just wanted more range.

If no one hates the bushnell, I think it's the route I'm gonna go. Still Want to see if there are any negative reviews on it here.

Thanks!

JL

I've been using the Bushnell for almost 3 years now. Yes, I wish it had brighter illumination. But the zero hasn't moved, the glass is good, and the reticles they offer rock for 3 gun. I've always favored the BTR2, but just picked up a BTR1, and running a 100 zero, it's going to work out real well too.

Some shooters complain about a narrow "eye box", but I started out shooting irons, which are all about a repeatable cheek weld- so this scope is no different.

i use a Tactical Elite 1x6.5BTR2 FFP. i love it.

you will probably be fine with a sfp in a 1-6. so if you like the reitcle to stay the same size get the sfp.

i never turn mine on.

it was letting in good light at last nights match. i shot late into the evening.

it has been holding zero perfectly (aeroprecision mount). i have shot it all last season and this season. plenty of 3 gun 2 gun and rifle matches. it has been "in the barrel" a lot.

i like to dial when i can (i know i know), if it is feasible. it has returned to zero perfectly.

two thumbs up from me.

I have 2 of the BTR2's in SFP. I'm another fan. Bought bouth of mine gently used and havent had any complaints. I think you will be pleased. The Natchez deal is impressive indeed!

Are the targets at the matches you shoot always at the same distances as the stadia?

If not, then it's all just a matter of points of reference. Whether the stadia match up perfectly at 300, 400, 500, 600 or ranges in between is insignificant as long as you know the distance they actually hit at. And if you never test the stadia at ranges, you will never know if they're "on" for your load or not.

I think Bushnell's literature says they are calibrated for 62 grain. Don't remember the muzzle velocity.

Edited by Bryan 45

I got it a couple of days ago. I mounted it up but haven't shot it yet.

I was all jazzed when I first got it. It was overcast and went outside and it was plenty bright. Then it got sunny... in a bright sunny day when I was in the sunlight too (if I was in the shade or in a room looking out the window the brightness was OK) at max power I can barely see the red on the reticle. No bueno IMO.

With all the other scopes available and some more coming online I definitely wouldn't buy this scope at full pop. I personally wouldn't recommend it at even $900-$1000. At $500... it's a decent scope/deal.

I have the BTR-2 SFP on both my TO and HTO rifles. I wish illumination was brighter but in reality, I haven't had any problems using it in any lighting conditions so far. In the bright, I can still seen the reticle, it's just a dull red to black. In the shadows and trees, the red pops out where the black fades. I have another scope with the BTR-1 FFP reticle and don't like it nearly as much as the BTR-2 SFP.