Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Switching loads AGAIN!

Sarge

I have been reading for two days. I have two days worth of varying opinions crammed in my head. I am asking for some help sorting them out.

CAN I SAFELY MAKE 135PF WITH Solo 1000 and a 124 MG FMJ out of a stock G34?

I have some TG and n320 but I have 8lbs of s1000 I want to use.

If you could post load data it would be a huge help so I can crank some out and hit the chrono.

Before you suggest another search or post a link, remember that I have probably read them and it is pretty evenly split whether it is a good combo or not.

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Sarge

If you are loading out to at least 1.135 or up to 1.150, which would probably be max, I think you will have no problem. From reading the old manuals they were loading at 1.050 max or real close to it. Work your load up and you should not have a problem. I worked up loads with Solo 1000 and a 160gr LRN at 1.135 and it was fine up to 135PF, so I have to think you wont have a problem. I would definitely try it and see what happens.

Good luck,

DougC

Are you mapping your loads over a chrono? (I hope :)) If your OAL is in the 1.125" to 1.129" area you "should" be hitting a sweet spot around 4 grs. Start at 3.6 and work up slow, a 1/10th at a time. Use a 1.125 OAL and check for pressure signs. I like this Solo 1000 stuff so far.

You do have a chronograph, right? :)

Jim

Yes, I have a chrono. I had targeted around 1.13-1.14 so this is looking better than I thought. I just read so many posts that said guys were not able to make minor with the combo I want to run.