Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Auto-drive for the XL650

I'm just wondering if anyone has tried that automated system on a 650 yet They tell me they are in production @ Ponsness Warren but I would love to see one in action. Anyone have one that you could post a video or a Pic

Look here and send them an email I am sure they could help you out.

I think that before I got an autodrive, I would get a bullet feeder and get comfortable with it. I know I don't want to put my fingers in there to set a bullet and I surely don't want to be toe tapping the switch. This is something that I would look at very carefully before doing. placing the bullet is the time consumer here. I'd also want a cutout on this so that the low primer alert shut down the crank. You get carried away, foot on pedal, round popping out at the rate of 100 plus an hour and realize that a portion of them have no primers. Needs, again in my opinion, primer cut out, powder cut out and bullet feeder with cut-out.

Also, unless I were loading thousands of rounds at a sitting, I am not sure I'd even bother. I can load what I need for any given week in about an hour. In fact, lets be honest here. With a 1050 running right, you can hit 1000 rounds an hour and that equals 52k per year at 1k per week. That is a crap load of shooting. Even if I shot every match available to me in a week including steel I'd be hard pressed to shoot 52k. Now I have to admit, I work for a living so I can't just go out an shoot every day for a couple hours so that might be coloring my thinking here.

Me, I may someday go for a bullet feeder, but till then, I'll spend my money on matches, and family and not always in that order.

Jim

I think that before I got an autodrive, I would get a bullet feeder and get comfortable with it. I know I don't want to put my fingers in there to set a bullet and I surely don't want to be toe tapping the switch. This is something that I would look at very carefully before doing. placing the bullet is the time consumer here. I'd also want a cutout on this so that the low primer alert shut down the crank. You get carried away, foot on pedal, round popping out at the rate of 100 plus an hour and realize that a portion of them have no primers. Needs, again in my opinion, primer cut out, powder cut out and bullet feeder with cut-out.

Also, unless I were loading thousands of rounds at a sitting, I am not sure I'd even bother. I can load what I need for any given week in about an hour. In fact, lets be honest here. With a 1050 running right, you can hit 1000 rounds an hour and that equals 52k per year at 1k per week. That is a crap load of shooting. Even if I shot every match available to me in a week including steel I'd be hard pressed to shoot 52k. Now I have to admit, I work for a living so I can't just go out an shoot every day for a couple hours so that might be coloring my thinking here.

Me, I may someday go for a bullet feeder, but till then, I'll spend my money on matches, and family and not always in that order.

Jim

Ah, but there's always the *fun*, or *cool* factor, for some worth the price of admission.

There is also the saving the wear and tear on your elbow to consider. After an hour of hand cranking on the 1050 or 650 my tennis elbow hurts for a week. With this there is no pain to reloading. Well, other than the cost of components.

There is also the saving the wear and tear on your elbow to consider. After an hour of hand cranking on the 1050 or 650 my tennis elbow hurts for a week. With this there is no pain to reloading. Well, other than the cost of components.

And this would be the single best reason I would have for purchasing one. If I had a physical requirement that this device would help resolve, it would be worth it. Otherwise, not so sure.

BTW, try acupuncture for the tennis elbow. It help me when I had a hyper extension injury to my elbow.

Jim