Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

#14990/Slide Roll Pin Sleeve - where to get from?

I am looking for a replacement for my 10501:

The rubber piece on the primer slide (#14990/Slide Roll Pin Sleeve) is alread heavily worn and needs to be replaced soon.

I asked Dillon but the apparently don't have this part, here is their answer:

"Go to an automobile parts store and get some 1/8 inch rubber vacuum tubing. That’s all it is."

I did so, went to an automobile parts store but all the tubes they had were way unsuitable.

Do you have a good source for such a tube? Please keep in mind that I don't live in the U.S., going to the next Walmart is therefore no option :-)

Thanks for your help!

I got mine from AutoZone. It's just a piece of automotive vacuum hose. I got a foot of it for about 50 cents. Since you're only using about an eighth of an inch per replacement, I figure that it will last me almost as long as the press...

(I am gonna try removing it like Rigger said. Haven't thought of trying that!)

Edited by Braxton1

I got mine from AutoZone. It's just a piece of automotive vacuum hose. I got a foot of it for about 50 cents. Since you're only using about an eighth of an inch per replacement, I figure that it will last me almost as long as the press...

(I am gonna try removing it like Rigger said. Haven't thought of trying that!)

Well, I tried to get it here at "Forstinger" (which is our counterpart to AutoZone) but what they had to offer was way to large in diameter and of an entire different material than the original part.

Could you please state the item number of what you bought at http://www.autozone.com ? I will then try to order it online from them (if they don't sell to rest-of-worldistan, I'll do it with http://www.shopanyamericanstore.com/.

Thank you!

P.s. (According to my measurements the outer diameter is approx. 6.3mm, the inner is 3mm)

Well, just a short while after reading this I went to load some pistol ammo on my Super 1050. After about a couple of hundred rounds, I saw something 'pop out' from behind the press. Stopped and looked around and found the piece of rubber hose that was on the primer bar.

Since it was too late to go to an auto parts place, I remembered this thread and just resumed loading. Did 900 rounds and no problems with the 'missing' rubber.

So, what is that rubber for? The factory one is really soft since it has worn out with less than 2,000 rounds loaded on this machine.

hmmm :mellow:

I thought it was humorous that the minimum order was 10 feet of the material.... We could order that, chop it up in eighth-inch pieces and sell 'em for a dollar a piece SHIPPED. We'd be millionaires overnight!!

This is a suggestion for Dillon: Please consider adding a few inches of that tube to your spare parts kit for the 1050. Would make things much easier and adds virtually no costs.

I was shopping around here extensivly and DID NOT find an appropriate (inside- + outside diameter + material) tube.

Could anyone of you who has such a tube/hose, probably more than needed for our purpouse, send me a few inches? A normal envelope and plain old surface mail would be sufficient (according to usps.com/ postage would be USD 2.86). I can offer paypal, or, if preferred, to send the money via snail mail.

Using the machine without this tiny part, as some of you suggested: Well, the engineers put it there for some reason, I guess. Operating the 1050 without it would be my last resort.

Could anyone of you who has such a tube/hose, probably more than needed for our purpouse, send me a few inches? A normal envelope and plain old surface mail would be sufficient (according to usps.com/ postage would be USD 2.86). I can offer paypal.

Same here.

If someone has a few inches left, and willing to put them in an envelope, I'd appreciate (and pay for shipping of course).

You should be able to get the hose/tubing form any NEW CAR dealer's part's department. They should have a large selection of sizes and material (rubber and silicone). The ones you will have access to will have it in metric sizes (OD and ID). The other possiblity would be a medical supply house w/surgical tubing and/or silicone.

Hope this helps, good luck.

Edited by granderojo