Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock 4th gen triggers

mindcrime

We have several 4th gen glock 17s to play with now. Obviously they work well, BUT the triggers are abominable! On a scale the new triggers are 1.5 to 2 lbs heavier than 3rd gen's. A Glock 22 used by our factory rep was even worse. By feel, at least mine, they are far worse than that-a true mess of grinding, stacking horridness! Luckily, there seems to be an easy fix-a 3rd gen trigger bar. I put in a vanek and novak trigger bar with the proper striker and safety plunger springs and they both feel great-as good as they did in the 3rd gen's. I used the stock trigger housing, glock 3.5 connector and standard trigger spring. The 3rd gen trigger bars lack the bump on the striker safety tab that is on the 4th gen-not sure what that does, maybe just makes the pull horrible. I don't have many rounds through guns set up with the 3rd gen trigger bars yet, but they seem to be working well.

The 3rd gen trigger bars lack the bump on the striker safety tab that is on the 4th gen-not sure what that does, maybe just makes the pull horrible.

I haven't seen one. I am guessing it is the same "nub" on the outboard side of the safety plunger ramp on the trigger bar?

If so, those work fine and dandy on the larger framed guns (G20). The keep the trigger bar from deflecting during the pull. I always thought that Glock ought to have those on all models.

No reason for those to cause a bad trigger pull. I'd guess it is more likely a bad batch of stamped parts.

The new trigger housing is similar to the SF models if not the same and they have 6# to 6.5# trigger pulls from the factory. Does anyone think the different angle of the trigger bar is a factor? I have not had one to dis assemble and evaluate yet. I will figure it out as soon as my Gen. 4 G17 comes in.

The new trigger housing is similar to the SF models if not the same and they have 6# to 6.5# trigger pulls from the factory. Does anyone think the different angle of the trigger bar is a factor? I have not had one to dis assemble and evaluate yet. I will figure it out as soon as my Gen. 4 G17 comes in.

Interesting... I bought a 20SF last week which is of course 3rd Gen, but the trigger is for lack of better term horrendous.

I have about 58k total through my G17 and G34 combined (a paltry round count compared to some folks here, to be sure :)) and the sum total of broken or worn out parts is one broken trigger spring, and the extractor on the G34 went out around the 12k mark. That's it.

Very interesting. Glock US told me a few days ago that the Gen-4 Glock 17s were not yet available, only the G22s had been produced as of now. Hmmmmmm. :(

I ordered my Gen4 G17 Saturday from Ed's Public Safety in Georgia, and Got it Tuesday. Armorers and GSSF members still pay $398.20 for them... I am taking it out Saturday to the range against my G17 RTF2.

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1171041

Edited by TampaShooters

Very interesting. Glock US told me a few days ago that the Gen-4 Glock 17s were not yet available, only the G22s had been produced as of now. Hmmmmmm. :(

I ordered my Gen4 G17 Saturday from Ed's Public Safety in Georgia, and Got it Tuesday. Armorers and GSSF members still pay $398.20 for them... I am taking it out Saturday to the range against my G17 RTF2.

I hope you give us a detailed report comparing the two guns.

The Gen4 G22 uses a G37 triggerbar (presumably for the blister/bump on the vertical extension to ensure proper interfacing with the trigger safety cylinder). I don't specifically know if the Gen4 G17 will use the same triggerbar.

At a minimum (and in many cases that's really all that you need to do), I'd suggest performing a detailed disassembly and apply TW25B to the connector/triggerbar interface surfaces.

Best, Jon

I hope you give us a detailed report comparing the two guns.

Hows this....

2217368890100259265S600x600Q85.jpg

16 more pics I took here..... http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1174232