Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

STI Edge vs STI Executive

PeterMor

From reading the description on the STI site I get the impression that the Executive is just an Edge with a hard chrome finish, (I could be wrong) but then I realize that a majority of the STIs being used in USPSA are Edges that have been hard chromed. So I gues my question is why not just start with the Executive rather than refinishing the Edge? :unsure:

hi peter ... I know that executive model is in stainless steel and edge model is in hard steel ... I prefer the second one, more durabily ... you can upgrade this one with a fiber optic front sight and a traditional full lenght guide rod, SS or tungsten

:cheers:

From reading the description on the STI site I get the impression that the Executive is just an Edge with a hard chrome finish, (I could be wrong) but then I realize that a majority of the STIs being used in USPSA are Edges that have been hard chromed. So I gues my question is why not just start with the Executive rather than refinishing the Edge? :unsure:

Do a search = Save time ;)

Same gun, different cosmetics, higher price. You can get a tuned and hard chromed Edge for less than buying an Executive and that will still need to be tuned....making it even more expensive. So, you're paying more and getting nothing extra.

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?...st&p=699122

hi peter ... I know that executive model is in stainless steel and edge model is in hard steel ... I prefer the second one, more durabily ... you can upgrade this one with a fiber optic front sight and a traditional full lenght guide rod, SS or tungsten

Untrue. The Executive is carbon steel that has been hard chromed. R,

If you give a call to Chris, you will know that the executive is in stainless steel and the edge is in carbon steel...

being this i agree with its better to buy an edge and work on it to have one like the executive but you'll save a lot of bucks ;)

IMHO

If you give a call to Chris, you will know that the executive is in stainless steel and the edge is in carbon steel...

being this i agree with its better to buy an edge and work on it to have one like the executive but you'll save a lot of bucks ;)

IMHO

STI's site doesn't say they're stainless, it says they're steel with hard chrome:

Caliber .40 S&W

Frame STI Patented Modular Steel, Long Wide

Grip STI Patented Modular Polymer (Gray) with Stainless Mag well

Slide Unique w/ Front and Rear Serrations

Trigger Long Curved (Gray)

Barrel 5” STI fully supported, ramped bull barrel

Safeties Stainless STI Grip and Ambi sided thumb

Guide Rod STI RecoilMaster

Sights Dawson Fiber Optic Front w/ STI Adjustable Rear

Overall Length 8-5/8”

Weight 39.5 oz.

Finish Hard Chrome w/ black inlays

Competition Approvals IPSC, USPSA

"Based on our legendary Edge model and built on the patented modular steel frame with polymer grip"

"The Executive comes hard chromed, so not only is it the most accurate and reliable handgun on the market, it is now one of the most beautiful."

I've had an Executive in the past, and it was made of carbon steel then hard chromed.

I like better the SV now, they are made of stainless steel (they can be made in carbon steel too) and if you ever scratch the finish, sand paper, bead blaster , and you're good to go.

Edited by Julien Boit

Do a search = Save time ;)

Same gun, different cosmetics, higher price. You can get a tuned and hard chromed Edge for less than buying an Executive and that will still need to be tuned....making it even more expensive. So, you're paying more and getting nothing extra.

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?...st&p=699122

excuse me, but I agree with my friend joseph, all the sti executive I have touched by my hand were stainless steel frame and slide ... it may be only in italian distribution

in italy there is a particular edge model hard chrome finish

woman sensibility

:roflol:

julien, excuse my english, but I know metals ... do you think that hard chrome look like stainless steel? ... it is not easy, but with experience you can see the difference ... however, I'm curious to know the truth ... can anyone ask it to sti?

IMHO....soooooo not worth the effort. If you ask STI if it is Stainless and they think that's what you what to hear then they will tell you that....right? If you asked Dave (I think that's his name), the owner is person you might get the truth. I met both he and his wife and they seeed really nice.

excuse me, but I agree with my friend joseph, all the sti executive I have touched by my hand were stainless steel frame and slide ... it may be only in italian distribution

in italy there is a particular edge model hard chrome finish

I would be extremely surprised to learn that STI is selling a frame and slide made out of stainless in Italy if they don't offer them in that material here. I'll send Dave Skinner a note and find out for certain. R,

I got a Dawson HPF Edge. The Slide to Frame fit is very tight and the gun is an absolute tack driver. Dawson is a pretty smart guy I'm sure he picks the best fitting guns from STI before he has them Hard Chromed. Mine was almost perfect, I took it to my smith for some trigger tweaking, it breaks just under 2# now. It is 100% reliable with over the counter mags, with the Dawson followers. I never have had any luck in 40 with the STI followers. Give Dave a call.

I also have an Infinity it is a very nice gun, just not sure its worth the price difference.

well I just picked up on this post, and I just thought I would mention, my wife has a Edge that is made of stainless steel I guese that just made a few, my wife has started shooting a M&P 9L, (she perfers the lighter weight) she has not shot it in over a year, so I am going to be selling it real soon, just a heads up if you might be interested in it.