Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New scope: Premier 1.1-8 combo

Wakal

Interesting. Spendy, but interesting...I hope they have one on hand next week in Vegas...

Alex

http://www.thetacticalwire.com/story/211234

Premier proudly announces the beginning of the CQB revolution with the introduction of new V8™ series tactical riflescope! This US built tactical riflescope features sophisticated German design and functionality in addition to unsurpassed European optical quality and performance. The V8 1.1-8x24 offers an 8x ratio magnification and field of view. It also boasts an innovative two focal plane (reticle & red dot) sighting system that makes engaging targets from 5ft to 500 yards as simple as a turn of the power selector.

Me too.

As discussed endlessly elsewhere, all I want is a true 1 to (five or better), daylight illumination, with a useful reticule. So far, you have good illumination in the Meopta but crappy reticule (and just 1-4), good reticule in the US Optics but crappy illumination, and fair illumination/good magnification/crap reticule in the Swarovski. Everything is a trade off...which is why I have Burris XTR and Meopta on my rifles, but am going to be carrying around $5k at SHOT in the optics section. I don't expect to spend any money though, because scope makers don't give a rat's ass about our wee little niche market ;)

Alex