Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Texas losses their QB

WDB

I was really looking forward to this game to. Bama can walk off with this one now, it won't even be a competition. No defense in the world can hold up when they only getting 5-6 plays to rest before they have to go back out again. Bama wins, to bad they weren't at least tested, I'm so pissed right now.

Can't say if Texas would have won with him in or not, but it would have been a different game to watch. But just like our game there are no reshoots for gun malfs or competitor malfs.

As for "running up" the score I think thats a bunch of BS!!! they play the game to score points, if you don't like it!! then play better!!!!!!

Trapr

Yea, Bama eventually won but with no class running up the score at the end when it wasn't necessary. The way the game went Texas would have won if Colt wouldn't have been injured.

Regardless of the sport. In the big boy leagues when you dial the throttle back you stand a good chance of getting hurt. If the score gets run up so what. I can't blame a team that continues to play hard.

Don't take this the wrong way.

But surely this is a team sport or does the QB do everything?

Surely they have more than one guy who can throw a dodgy looking ball?

Or did they pay all the money for one egg in one basket?

Intestinal fortitude is missing here I believe, if they can't manage when one guy goes out then the rest of the team need looking at real hard.

I believe that Texas did get to within 3 points with 3 minutes to go and had the ball so they did suck it up with the loss of their QB. You are right that they shouldn't have relied too much on McCoy and should have given the freshmand QB a lot more snaps during the year.

I think he was hurt before the game started. It wasn't a crushing hit or anything. The freshman did great, considering the dumb plays the coaches gave him when he first went in. Texas D stepped up. Was a great game until last few minutes.

I think he was hurt before the game started. It wasn't a crushing hit or anything.

Doesn't have to be a crushing hit to cause what happened - but if you watch the angle that really told the story, he got a helmet driven into his back hard. It was a solid, hard hit delivered by a big guy, and hit him in the right spot to cause a nerve issue. Not hard enough to make him want to stop playing, but enough to temporarily screw up the arm, so....