Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ruger Mark II

JFlowers

I thought at one time someone (and my poor memory wants to say it was Broken Ranch) made a magazine release for the Ruger Mark II that replaced the Grip Base release with a thumb lever release using a bar that traveled between the lever and the magazine release.

Anybody recall such an aftermarket accessory? As far as I know Broken Ranch no longer exists. What I want to do is get my hands on one of the old releases and use it as a model to build one for myself.

I believe that Wilson Combat used to sell them but it was probably 10 years ago when I saw them.

Did a quick Google Search -- Product was marketed by Wilson Combat under name of Speed-Jector. Did not see anyone currently selling it.

Edited by Wideload

Yes there was such a beast and I happen to have one new in the package. I picked it up from somewhere and never got around to putting on on any of my MK II's. This is not a Broken Ranch because it was before they were even around. It might be Wilson as Wideload said. I am currently cleaning up my messy shop and ran across it the other day in a parts drawer.

I will look for it tonight.

Neal in AZ

Well I did find it, this one is not made by Wilson. The one I have was made by Red - E Products, I am trying to get a pic of the parts so you all can see them. I am not even sure where I got this and if it is complete? Because of that I am going to donate it to the cause and let James have it for nothing to see if he can improve on it. I will try and get a pic before I send it to him.

Neal in AZ

Would be great if someone were to make them available. The grip butt releases on .22's are the one thing I REALLY hate about almost all .22 pistols.

Currently working on and off on an old MKII that I inherited. Would love to make this a part of the rebuild.

Jim

i was able to get some pics of the kit I had. It is pretty straight forward when you look at it but I certainly do feel that it can be improved, mainly the thumblatch. Bascially the rounded projection at the bottom of the latch fits in a rounded cut out in the replacment heel release so when you push down on the thumb lever it piviots the release.

Hope the pic works OK as far as size goes. If not I will work to get better sized pics.

Neal in AZ

post-922-1263396935_thumb.jpg

Here is a pic of the back of the card in the package showing the mods needed for the grips. I slipped the card under the hook on the release so you can see it better than in the first pic.

Neal in AZ

post-922-1263397414_thumb.jpg

Edited by Intel6