Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2010 Steel City Carbine Championship

If you liked that you'll love whats in store for this year. :devil:

Don't worry, there are just some stages where you'll need to look at your reticle, dot, or front sight before you let it rip. If you can't hit a 5" plate at 100-150yds sandbagged in prone you might have a little trouble on one of the stages....

That's all for now.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

whats the round count?

From an earlier update "there will be 81 paper targets and 23 steel" and something about doing math. A later update suggested bringing between 200 and 250 rounds.HTH

If you liked that you'll love whats in store for this year. :devil:

Don't worry, there are just some stages where you'll need to look at your reticle, dot, or front sight before you let it rip. If you can't hit a 5" plate at 100-150yds sandbagged in prone you might have a little trouble on one of the stages....

That's all for now.

Yea, RIIIIGHT.............you make it sound soooo simple, like we can just sit there all day and blast away at them!!! You sorta left a little piece of the puzzle didn't you???

Edited by DrawandDuck

whats the round count?

From an earlier update "there will be 81 paper targets and 23 steel" and something about doing math. A later update suggested bringing between 200 and 250 rounds.HTH

# Saturday: Thunderstorms developing in the afternoon. Highs in the low 80s and lows in the mid 60s.

# Sunday: Scattered thunderstorms. Highs in the low 80s and lows in the mid 60s. :wacko:

whats the round count?

How many of that is pistol and how much of that is rifle?

whats the round count?

Pistol!?!? :roflol:

whats the round count?

Pistol!?!? :roflol:

This will be a Rifle and Rain only match! :wacko::P:goof:

The rain forcast for this weekend is be the same as it will be every day until late September. Sunny, hot and a chance of scattered/isolated thunderstorms.

We'll be prepared for heat and/or rain.

PS: everyone should bring 100 pistol rounds just in case...... :roflol: (Just Kidding)

whats the round count?

Must be the first rodeo.

whats the round count?

Must be the first rodeo.

pretty much

I'm pretty sure Randal is joking about the brew. This match is in Hoover AL, not Hoover TX. (if there is such a place)

I was dead serious...I would NEVER joke about such an important aspect of a match!!! The olny kidding was the choice of sparkling water...David is partial to the other lite named BUD...

Another chalenging, fun match from the Steel City crew. I really enjoyed shooting with squad 7 today. Thanks, David and crew for all of the work that goes into these matches :cheers: .

Hurley

I don't know how but every year this match has the fun/cool factor down to a science. Thanks to all of those who put in hard work for this match.

+1 yes another great match, with a great squad 6. David even did a great job making the clouds/storms part at the start of the match until after the last shot was fired saturday.

as i told him on next years stages try and remember the older fat guys who feel about half broke down. :)

he smiled and said that he would try and remember, i hope that's a good thing!

and i pass on to Matt T. how much he was missed.

Great to see everyone at the match this weekend!

I'm waiting on confirmation on a few missing score sheets and should have the preliminary results out sometime later today. Tentative congratulations to the category winners:

Tac Optics:

1st - Frank Proctor

2nd - Tod Litt

3rd - Rob Romero

Tac Irons:

1st - Ryan Nowell

Heavy Metal Optics:

1st - Jason Wong

Heavy Metal Irons

1st - Will Jones

Update: Preliminary scores have been e-mailed to the shooters.

Edited by dt1

Congratulations for another sucessful match.

I don't think anyone can thank David Tapp enough for the time and effort that David puts into the match.

Thanks to all of the companies that contributed to a trully outstanding prize table. A great many people ( most likley better than 50%) left with prizes in excess of their match fee.

Thanks to the crew on running stage 4 with me: Peter Adams, Stan Shiparski ( Mr. Smith & Wesson), and Wayne Alcock, Things ran smoothly both days.

Looking forward to next year's match.

Robert Adams

L2723

A great match for sure. :cheers: If my wife told me I could only shoot one match a year....this would be it. Absolutely my favorite match of the year. Even in the rain...I still had a ball. Congrats to Frank Proctor for shooting a solid clean match in Tac Optics and to the other winners of their divisions.

Hats off to David and his wife, Bill McDonald, Steffan, Randall, all the RO's who volunteered their time and the gracious sponsors and anyone else I may have left out in the long list of folks it takes to run such a quality match. And definitely a huge THANKS to the host range...Brock's Gap Training Center...aka Steel City.

Looking forward to next year already and to those that don't mind the drive there is a carbine match at Steel City every 5th Saturday that is every bit as good.

I don't know how but every year this match has the fun/cool factor down to a science. Thanks to all of those who put in hard work for this match.

Congratulations, Ryan :cheers: . Looks like you had a solid match.

Hurley