Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Powder Measure Drain-N-Change Tool

CSEMARTIN

http://www.uniquetek.com/site/696296/product/T1347

Has anyone tried this? What do you think of it?

So you have to remove your powder bar, install this bar, then drain the hopper. Seems easier to just remove failsafe, pull pins, remove the toolhead and flip it over to remove the powder.

That's what I do. I drain the powder after every session.

Does look cool though...

Dave

The huge problem that I see with this (unless I'm not remembering my 650 or 1050 setup)... Is that where the drain is would be square in the middle of my press... How the heck and I'm going to get a funnel into there, or are they assuming you'll take the head out to drain it, if so, then I'll just continue to turn it upside down... One note on that tho, if you use their bent insert in the powder measure, you have to deal with it flopping around and having to re-orient it.

Somehow I think they got close with this, but not quite right given where the powder measure is in relationship to the press, etc.

just my .02,

Alan

It would work great on my SDB since its right in front and the sizing die doesn't protrude up much at all. I'm considering getting one to try it out.

Call and ask how they get the powder bars out, that thing in, with out making a mess. I'm curious. I don't want to bother them sence I have no intention of buying one.

It would work great on my SDB since its right in front and the sizing die doesn't protrude up much at all. I'm considering getting one to try it out.

Call and ask how they get the powder bars out, that thing in, with out making a mess. I'm curious. I don't want to bother them sence I have no intention of buying one.

Okay, so I go through the protracted routine of removing the powder bar and through a miracle I don't spill powder doing so. :surprise: Then I hold a powder jug under the hole that is 4/10" and wait for the powder to drain...

or I can pull two pins (2 seconds), remove the fail safe rod (5 seconds) and dump the powder out of a 2 1/4" hole (top of powder hopper) into a jug that is sitting on my bench.

Kind of like taking no steps forward and 5 steps backward. AND pay $20.00 to do it. :roflol:

If it walks like a duck...

CYa,

Pat

Okay, so I go through the protracted routine of removing the powder bar and through a miracle I don't spill powder doing so. :surprise: Then I hold a powder jug under the hole that is 4/10" and wait for the powder to drain...

or I can pull two pins (2 seconds), remove the fail safe rod (5 seconds) and dump the powder out of a 2 1/4" hole (top of powder hopper) into a jug that is sitting on my bench.

Kind of like taking no steps forward and 5 steps backward. AND pay $20.00 to do it. :roflol:

If it walks like a duck...

CYa,

Pat

Exactly, add cycling the powder bar by hand a couple of times over the funel/jug and you have my process. It gets all the powder out as well.

No But I do have the Micro adjuster /upgrade to the Dillion bar I like it = it takes the play out of the adjustment so you can up& down with out the overtravel

Now that's one of their products I am interested in. After receiving good reports from two friends who use the adjuster I will probably ask the GF for one for my birthday. :cheers: Or it might be a Herman Schmidt edge finder for my Bridgeport. Decisions, decisions.

CYa,

Pat

Hi Guys,

If you have any questions about the Drain-N-Change Tool please contact me off forum. I’m in the process of getting set up in BE’s Vendor Tent forum but, until it is activated, you’ll need to contact me directly.

Lee Love

UniqueTek, Inc.

• 3 years later...

I have this and do use it. It works great for draining the powder and no issues with getting a funnel back into the powder canister. Is it easier than the steps mentioned above, about equal. It does take some time to figure the best way to slide the powder bar out and put in the drain. I started using it because I have baffles in the powder hopper and getting all the powder out was a concern. I also didn't like pulling the hopper off all the time. Would I recommend it, sure, is it a gotta have, no.