Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

No procedurals

John Z Sr

Congratulations! I personally prefer shooting a no threat every now and then to show my bad boy side ;)

Now that I'm actually working on visualizing stages before I shoot them the procedurals don't happen all that often. I just wish I would've listened to people a long time ago about the whole visualization thing. Would've saved me a bit of time. Oh well, guess I just have to learn things the hard way sometimes.

As long as you don't tag a no-shoot with the first couple shots, you shouldn't get penalized. After the first couple rounds fired, if they were *really* innocent, they would have been on the floor before you had a chance to shoot them!

:roflol: I've never understood how you could get penalized for shooting a no shoot! I mean, in real life, what innocent person wouldn't hit the ground when the first rounds went off?

What movie was it when the door gunner of the UH60 said "Anyone who runs is a VC, anyone who stands still is a well disciplined VC"?

edited for spelling

Edited by GrumpyOne

As long as you don't tag a no-shoot with the first couple shots, you shouldn't get penalized. After the first couple rounds fired, if they were *really* innocent, they would have been on the floor before you had a chance to shoot them!

:roflol: I've never understood how you could get penalized for shooting a no shoot! I mean, in real life, what innocent person wouldn't hit the ground when the first rounds went off?

What movie was it when the door gunner of the UH60 said "Anyone who runs is a VC, anyone who stands still is a well disciplined VC"?

edited for spelling

Full Metal Jacket

As more of an ICORE and USPSA shooter, it's hard to remember the cover and when and where to reload rules, but it's still shootin' and always fun. Actually that was really a great match, my son, daughter, son-in-law and girlfriend all went to the match with me and shootin' with the whole family is a great way to spend the day. If each of us gets just one new shooter out this new year, we will double our match attendance and grow our sports.

edited for spelling

Full Metal Jacket

:roflol: I remember now! As with the no shoots, "You just don't lead them as much!"

As more of an ICORE and USPSA shooter, it's hard to remember the cover and when and where to reload rules, but it's still shootin' and always fun. Actually that was really a great match, my son, daughter, son-in-law and girlfriend all went to the match with me and shootin' with the whole family is a great way to spend the day. If each of us gets just one new shooter out this new year, we will double our match attendance and grow our sports.

It was a great match yesterday! We tried to get squaded with you all but were told there were already too many in your group...so Darren got the honors: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0e8qoic4h0

There is one of me too...but I am too slow to make it interesting!

Congrats JZ! No procedurals for me either, and I tried to miss my no-shoot, but the nitwit didn't get down when I started firing... :roflol:

Good to see y'all again! Oh, and if Steve thinks his video is slow, don't even think about looking at mine! :wacko:

Edited by spydersmom

Geez...

If you do a mental run through of the stage several times, you can rip through the stage, not bust procedurals, and hit only the threat targets. It does take practice doing it, so you might as well get started doing it on every stage.

Next this is a GAME, but in real life people do panic and run through the scene, they do get frozen by terror, they do get grabbed by bad guys. Having no-shoots in view is a realistic challenge. I personally think that the no-shoot penalty is WAY TOO SMALL.

Billski

• 4 weeks later...