Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

square deal

arizonachef

I love mine as well. I have loaded about 1500 9mm for my Glock and STI with no problems. I do have a question that I would appreciate help (or a link) with. The manual has sparse (to say the least) instructions on cleaning and lubricating the press. Other than wiping it down I have not really done anything. I will be setting up a .45 conversion kit so I can get to the shellplate but I am am not quite sure how to clean the powder bar. I use it fairly regularly. Any help (as simple as possible please) would be much appreciated. Thanks and happy holidays.

Honestly, if the SDB was a smidge larger and used standard dies it would be the most popular press in Dillon's line, by a wide margin. Great little machine that will turn out buckets of ammo for years and years. I think I got mine in 1991...they were going for about $210 back then....think it's paid for itself a few thousand times over :)

The SDB is a great machine and you will very satisfied with the operation, once it is set up. I have 2 of them, one for 9mm and one for .45. That is easier for me than changing the dies out. Once you get it going, you will crank out a lot more ammo than you intended in the beginning. That's what happens to all of us. Load and enjoy.