Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

iPhone

38supPat

hi pat,

i recently got a ipod touch. one problem i found was that when using the iTunes program, do not sync the apps. this will screw the apps up. just sync your music, movies, and photos. good luck

lynn

I've been synching everything on my iPhone - what sort of troubles have you had synching apps?

hi pat,

i recently got a ipod touch. one problem i found was that when using the iTunes program, do not sync the apps. this will screw the apps up. just sync your music, movies, and photos. good luck

lynn

I've been synching everything on my iPhone - what sort of troubles have you had synching apps?

the apps would not load to work, just open, then close.

lynn

hi pat,

lynn

lynn

Do you mean apps you bought through the iTunes app store, or synching with Outlook, etc? I know that Outlook can get itself contorted in such a way that apps don't know where to look for the proper files. I had that problem with a previous cell phone. Some tweaking of the Outlook calendar and contacts settings got me square again.

hi pat,

lynn

lynn

Only time I've seen this happen is when you downloaded the app from the iPhone and not log on to the Apps store from iTunes or vice versa. Both should let you login iTunes Store then sync. It should let you open apps with no issues. If syncing from another computer, that computer should be authorized to login to iTunes Store as well. You are allowed to authorize 5 computers per account.

Nice and have you put a "jailbreak" on it yet? :devil:

Several friends have and love it :)

Jailbreak and unlock is the only way to fly with the iphone. The three letter cell company doesn't have the best coverage that comes with the phone. jailbreak gives you soooo many more option to let the iphone work FOR you..

Awesome tool when unlocked and jailbroken.

The shot time is a bit weak on the buzzer, but works well to record the shots.

Apps you are going to want.

(Does not have to be broke to use them)

Fedex, UPS, trapster, eliminate (trust me on this one) Facebook (if you are into it) Twitter apps, shazam, google, pandora, bento, moviefone, vnc, AAA apps, shot timer, mildot1.0, Ballistic FTE, Game call, the 1,2,3,4 one press speed dial keys....

Great device.

Apps you are going to want.

Ok..I'll add my list: Skype, TextPlus (free text messages!!), System Activity Monitor (great for terminating battery killing zombie processes), PocketMoney (checkbook), Ballistic (wish it include pistol loads rather than just rifle loads), SpeedTest (nice for seeing how fast a wifi connection is), TripCase (good for travel), WeatherChannel, Wikipedia, Mixology.....to name a few (and I only run a few).

Congrats on the new toy Pat!

I've been trying to get my self around an Iphone for the last year or so. I have the right provider and an upgrade if I want to use it. Just don't like the size. Both of my daughters have them and I confess I grab one of them every once in a while for the 'gwhiz' factor. If the internet connection worked better I could easily see dumping my home account and just using the phone. With two Iphones and high speed at home the guy that owns the interwebs is making a mint off of me!!! lol...

My kids want to jailbreak theirs too. My oldest is pretty close. Her's will be year old next week and she's broke the screen twice. I mean shattered it till pieces are missing! The good news is you can replace the screens for pretty cheap now. lol...

On subject. The best app my girls have is the guitar tuner. Lets you tune to most common keys and has tons of sample cords you can play to compare your fingering when your learning a new one! I really like that one...

My favorite apps: Ballistic FTE, Deliveries (status of your deliveries from UPS, FedEx, etc), Dive Log (scuba logbook), The ECG Guide (medical thing), Epocrates (medical thing), Facebook, GoodReader (reads .pdfs and other files), iDeco Pro (scuba tool), Mobile Navigator (GPS), Red Laser (compare prices by taking a picture of a barcode), Shot Timer, Skype, Todo (syncs with Outlooks tasks), Topo Maps (USGS maps)

Edited by BrianTN