Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

jp short range tactical sight

tk4

I am thinking about getting into some major 3 gun matches. I have a burris xtr 1-4x. I will be shooting tactical class. I was wondering if the jp short range sights would be beneficial at times when you don't want to take the time to adjust the scope power. Or would they almost never be used?

at Benning they had a port on the ground, couldn't have been more than 10" high, targets roughly 50 yards back and not low to the ground. Everyone turned the gun on its side, most had the port down and tried to look through their optic. Some turned the gun port up and I was thinking that irons at 45 degrees on the side would be the only choice for the tactical optics folks. Jerry Miculek has a red dot on the side of his gun, didn't ask him but I'd bet that's what he used to shoot that port on that stage. I'd think it would be a good idea just for insurance on that occasional wierd stage. I'm trying to figure out what to put on mine, the JP or a set of aperature rear, blade front.

I think that addition would drop you into open class.

And why is that? Thought open required more than one optical dot sight? This would be no different that having BUIS on the gun, just that it might be canted to the side...

I don't believe with would drop you to open, it would be fine in Tac-opt I believe.

Alan

I think that addition would drop you into open class.

And why is that? Thought open required more than one optical dot sight? This would be no different that having BUIS on the gun, just that it might be canted to the side...

I don't believe with would drop you to open, it would be fine in Tac-opt I believe.

Alan

No ! You would only get thrown into Open if you had 2 "OPTICS" say and red dot on the side not

irons. Most dont use the handguard irons with a scope that can go to x1. For example I use the

irons because I use a x4 only ACOG, so anything out to about 35yds I shoot with the irons..

Also I noticed that 3gunners like myself are always getting corrected for saying class instead

of division. I dont know were I got that but I bet it came from the outlaw match scene !! ;)

No, you do not need the irons with a x1 scope, unless you want that ??

yes it does help to have Iron back ups

if the stage calls for hosing 3-4 targets at contact distance as you aproch the first shooting port or box where you need to go long then move to box #2 hosing 3-4 targets on the way in. . . .repeat as nessesary. . . throwing that cat tail back and forth takes too much time

if you are running a true 1x and have an illuminated dot or retical I would just go with that and practice a lot

if your using a 1.5x . . . or a 3x9 then yeah i would go with irons mounted at the 1:30 possition on the handguard

Tac . . Tac optical "Division" ect will allow you to have only one optic

Iron sights don't count towards that one optic.