Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Who sells tuned 9mm SVI mags?

abn-rgr

Im having Benny build me a top end 6" in 9mm. Im looking for someone who sells tuned 9mm SVI mags. Most Ive seen have been STI mags. Thanks for the help.

No need to look much further than FREEDOM GUNWORKS! He has tuned 9mm SVI magazines in stock last I checked.

Give Bobby a call, he's a great guy to deal with and does an AWESOME job on mags. Great communication, and fast turnaround/delivery. I've been running the mags I got back from him pretty hard, and they have been flawless for me. I will not let anyone else touch my SVI magazines but Bobby.

www.freedomgunworks.com

Edited by Aristotle

Hello: Depends on what length of mags you need 140mm or 170mm? Since Benny built you a 6" top end I think it will be for multi gun or shooting steel? There are muiltiple mag tuners out there and some are better than others. For 9mm you have to do a little more work to get them to feed correctly. If you are shooting minor Limited then you will have to go the 140mm route so they fit the gauge. PM me if you have any more questions :cheers: Thanks, Eric

Hello: If you need them to fit the gauge and want them to feed correctly----yes they need to be tuned. I am not sure what the original poster was looking for in the way of mags 140mm or 170mm? The SVI mags come with very narrow feed lips that will not feed correctly for most pistols. The angle is not quite correct either on the feed lips for 9mm. Thanks, Eric

Hello: If you need them to fit the gauge and want them to feed correctly----yes they need to be tuned. I am not sure what the original poster was looking for in the way of mags 140mm or 170mm? The SVI mags come with very narrow feed lips that will not feed correctly for most pistols. The angle is not quite correct either on the feed lips for 9mm. Thanks, Eric

Hmm, interesting, I am all for tunned mags for max capacity. But, I have a large number of stock 140 tubes that ran perfect from the start. I put some grams guts in them and a dawnson +1 pad and went to a match. Now those mags only run 22 rounds and my tunned mags hold 24. I have taken stock SV 170 tubes and done the same thing and get a reliable 29 rounds. When you want every last fraction of a mm to get the most rounds in a mag, then get it tunned, but I don't think they are that bad from the factory. If you are having gun function problems, try a tunned mag.

Hello: Do the 140mm mags need to fit the gauge for USPSA? Maybe I am just a performance guy at heart. I try to make my cars go faster and guns work better. I don't like to risk reliablity over maximum performance though. I also like to check and recheck to make sure that everything works the way it should. If the stock mags work the way they are why are so many people tuning mags? The reason that I see is that they want to get more out of them. You could buy some stock SVI mags and see how they work for you in your pistol and go from there. I am not trying to cause problem here just stating what I have seen and heard. Thanks, Eric

:surprise:

Mostly what Ive seen of late is the inside back of the SVI mags are pretty sad the way they come and

need to be straightend which usually leads to the outside being marred, I use a small body hammer

and a piece of metal formed to fit inside the mag to flatten the (wup "t" do's ) this is for 9mm mags

and for 38 super and 40 not much needs to be done except adjust the lips which anyone can do.

jim/Pa

Sailors :devil: