Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Henning...

Jeff686

Henning,

You have to call EAA!!! Tell them to stop with the cheezy, low budget, sophmoric advertisement campaign.

I don't mind a sexy girl selling guns, but there is something annoying about the EAA adds. Somehow, the cover of the Blue Press is much more pleasant and professional than the EAA adds.

For a while I've been seeing EAA adds in the magazines, and thought they were cheezy. I just saw a TV commercial on the Outdoor Channel. It was horrible! It looked like their marketing manager paid his girlfriend to act and shot the video in his office with a handheld camcorder.

It's time to fire their ad agency (or maybe time to hire their first).

Henning,

You have to call EAA!!! Tell them to stop with the cheezy, low budget, sophmoric advertisement campaign.

I don't mind a sexy girl selling guns, but there is something annoying about the EAA adds. Somehow, the cover of the Blue Press is much more pleasant and professional than the EAA adds.

For a while I've been seeing EAA adds in the magazines, and thought they were cheezy. I just saw a TV commercial on the Outdoor Channel. It was horrible! It looked like their marketing manager paid his girlfriend to act and shot the video in his office with a handheld camcorder.

It's time to fire their ad agency (or maybe time to hire their first).

Are you talking about this ad?

That's must be one of the lowest budget, low quality, most uninspired commersial for guns ever, or?

We don't have any TV commersials for shooting products or guns so I wouldn't know, but compared to toothpaste or mouthwash ads that EAA commersial is tacky and bad....

I guess this thing about girls with guns is an American "marketing tradition". Especially in terms of EAA, I think the insight this strategy is based on appears old fashioned, random, weak, and very unprofessional. I also think they are critically underestimating people's want for relevance and product features - presented in an attractive manner - why not learn from other brands such as Glock and Sig Sauer? A gun is, both for personal defense and competition, a product of high interest to people. The marketing effort from EAA appears to be a cheap and ironic version of the cliché and I am pretty sure a mediocre model with horrible acting skills won't do much good to EAA.

Perhaps most important from a marketing perspective - this strategy is not differenciating EAA from other brands one tiny bit.

You could argue at least EAA is consistent - the EAA web site and calendar is equally tacky... Not to mention their bad reputation as far as customer service is concerned.

It seems to me EAA is in the brand destruction business, not brand building.

Instead of encouraging Henning to contact EAA, one should encourage Tanfoglio to ditch EAA and find a more professional partner in the US.

I guess we could agree Henning would not turn out to be a bad alternative: passiontate, professional, competent and service minded :)

Edited by Dyroe

I'd buy a gun recomended by someone with "real" insight on a commercial (yes Henning, etc) before I'd run out and buy what that gal is selling.. Obviously just a spokes model who knows little of the product she's paid to pitch. Now if it was someone like Jessie Abbate, that would be the best of both worlds wouldn't it!!!

The EAA booth at the NRA convention this year was similar, lots of babes with guns. Nothing wrong with that but it doesn't help the company project a professional image. Everyone is right about that TV commercial (El Stinko) :sick:

You could argue at least EAA is consistent - the EAA web site and calendar is equally tacky... Not to mention their bad reputation as far as customer service is concerned.

EAA has customer service????

wow I guess I missed them when I tried calling.

I think you guys are being overly critical. What is wrong with having a nice looking girl give a little blurb about their product? It gets your attention. Also, you can’t expect commercials from a company like EAA to have a budget large enough to hire George Lucas to their Youtube vids. They do not have limitless funds for commercials. Chill out people. Jeez...

I think you guys are being overly critical. What is wrong with having a nice looking girl give a little blurb about their product? It gets your attention. Also, you can’t expect commercials from a company like EAA to have a budget large enough to hire George Lucas to their Youtube vids. They do not have limitless funds for commercials. Chill out people. Jeez...

Yea, I know that it's all about the money, but it seems silly to throw away what budget they have on adds that make them look 3rd rate.

Personally, I'd spend my money on a much better web page, and 1/4 page ads that look better and emphasize the web address.