Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Locks of Love

99gski

Julie, you're still a sweetheart!

I wish I could join in with you, but....

Mark is there a locks of lost...we could join that. You know find all the hair we've lost and donate it :roflol:

Corey, mine's been gone so long I wouldn't know where to start looking.

:D

Assuming this is somewhat accurate. You've donated 5 feet of hair. If hair grows about 7 inches a year, but you have to cut it once a month or so say you get about six inches a year. That's 10 full years you've dedicated to this cause or about a third of your life so far. Very impressive!!!

Don't think I've ever seen a picture of you with short hair, but it suits you very nicely.

Assuming this is somewhat accurate. You've donated 5 feet of hair. If hair grows about 7 inches a year, but you have to cut it once a month or so say you get about six inches a year. That's 10 full years you've dedicated to this cause or about a third of your life so far. Very impressive!!!

Don't think I've ever seen a picture of you with short hair, but it suits you very nicely.

What a cool way to look at it! That's about right. I started back in 1998. The longest I have donated was 14 inches. Adding it all up it's just shy of 5 feet.

Thanks for the compliment. I haven't had it this short since junior high. :)

Julie

Julie: Congrats to you for your donations. Your new haircut looks great :cheers: If you have seen what the donation goes to and how it makes the people feel you would appreciate it even more(maybe you have that's why you do it). We used to do a Christmas thing for the childrens hospital in Corpus Christi and to see how those young kids get so much joy with there new hair. It put s smile on your face when you see what a little hair can do for someone. I also saw the effects of this when my dad got sick. The others on the floor really appreciated it as well. Julie you are a saint and it will bring lots of joy to others at this time of year and there families. Thanks, Eric

Julie: Congrats to you for your donations. Your new haircut looks great :cheers: If you have seen what the donation goes to and how it makes the people feel you would appreciate it even more(maybe you have that's why you do it). We used to do a Christmas thing for the childrens hospital in Corpus Christi and to see how those young kids get so much joy with there new hair. It put s smile on your face when you see what a little hair can do for someone. I also saw the effects of this when my dad got sick. The others on the floor really appreciated it as well. Julie you are a saint and it will bring lots of joy to others at this time of year and there families. Thanks, Eric

Even just a look through Locks of Love's website does it for me. We have had several members of family struggle with the effects of chemo as well. I can't even imagine how challenging it must be for kids to go through cancer or hair loss disease before they are completely comfortable with who they are.

Appreciate the kind words.

Happy holidays everyone!

Julie

Awsome and congratulations! keep it up! :D

They call an Ex GF of mine once a year to check if she is ready. She has copper red hair that is really hard for them to find and donates 12 to 16" each time for the last 10 years or so. Her hair grows fast too! :)