Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Anyone have any tips or hints on Stock II Double Action/Single Action

slavex

I absolutely hate the reset in my Stock II. I know we are limited to polishing and removing burs etc in PD, but I am curious if anyone has any suggestions on ways to improve the reset in the Stock II. having 3/4 of an inch of travel for the reset is a bit brutal. I've got the overtravel adjusted to the minimum possible.

I absolutely hate the reset in my Stock II. I know we are limited to polishing and removing burs etc in PD, but I am curious if anyone has any suggestions on ways to improve the reset in the Stock II. having 3/4 of an inch of travel for the reset is a bit brutal. I've got the overtravel adjusted to the minimum possible.

get a new tanfoglio sear,...they are all different sizes. I had two or three and none were the same. OR,....maybe a new hammer may do the trick. I actually found the stock2 reset better than my cz shadow, and I doubt mine is more than 1/3 " reset. This is with OEM parts.

My reset is quite good wiht both sears and same hammer. But is still a bit longer than on Shadow.

I am looking how to reduce DA trigger pull with OFM parts, any ideas?

dryfire,...LOL. :roflol:

Light deburring,.....I have polished/ smoothed out the top ofthe trigger plunger. Underside ofthe sear cage, and hammer spring channel and strut could use some TLC. I am thinking the inside of the trigger plunger channel, but that is a tight spot. I use Slide Glide lite on the hammer spring /hammer strut/ plunger and the area under the sear cage and around the disconnector.

also I noticed that a newer Stock2 in Canada had a stainless (ie: non-blued) hammer....? Mine has the blue one (circa early 2007), and I was wondering if it would make a difference? I would think it would as this hammer looks similiar to the LImited Custom hammer. What hammer do you have Slavex?

I think the new Gun kote model has the stainless hammer as well.

both my hammers have been blue. I had a stainless one, but that's because Sean sent me a SA one. It no worky in the Stock II. which was a shame, it was pretty.

THe DA hammer with disconnector must be available in stainless. I will make sure my hammer is stainless.

• 2 weeks later...
and?

I bought a new stock 2 in Gun kote, Sean made sure it had the stainless hammer, slide stop, single sided safety and mag release. :cheers:

I will start to break this gun in after I pick it up tomorrow at the level 2 in Halifax, NS. :devil:

I have always liked the look of 1911's blued,..but with white Ivory grips. I plan on getting either Henning thin aluminum grips in white, or maybe paint a set of factory aluminums white.

and?

I bought a new stock 2 in Gun kote,

Congrats - photos please....

I thought that the finish can't be changed in PD though.

Bianchi

This is a factory option. Production legal. Basically looks like the Limited Custom 2 with Gun kote.

got it. It came with a blue hammer,.but it was changed with a stainless hammer and left side only big safety. imho,...the trigger press is better than my stainless out of the box ( IE: no polishing or dryfire)..also the frame feels smoother internally ====maybe because of the gunkote finish???

Needs new grips....going to work on a white grip with punisher skull.

BTW,..It says stock 2 on the slide...

Edited by Mo Hepworth

I would prefer a right side only safety, if such a thing could exist. Maybe a flush plate on the left or slightly contoured or something.

I'm going to order the stainless hammer from Sean. Also see if he's got stainless sears.

Pics dude pics!

I would prefer a right side only safety, if such a thing could exist. Maybe a flush plate on the left or slightly contoured or something.

I'm going to order the stainless hammer from Sean. Also see if he's got stainless sears.

Pics dude pics!

I'll have pics within 1.5hrs. I am painting my aluminum OEM grips ivory white. Just for fun for now. I cut a piece of grip tape in white and drew a punisher skull on it. :cheers:

I am right handed and like the leftside (big) safety only. It came with a blued mag release, but that is easily changed.

100_2155.jpg

100_2156.jpg

**Better pics uploaded! The gun is a dark blue /black. NOT with the red tint like in some ofthe photos....I am partial to the grip tape with punisher pic.

100_2160.jpg

100_2163.jpg

100_2161.jpg

the painted grips pics with blue frame are kinda off color,..the gun is actually a darker color likethe grip tape picture.

Edited by Mo Hepworth

where does it say Stock II? I wish they'd toss the scroll script and go with a better text.

I must say the blue/black is nice looking. I wonder how that frame would look with the stainless top end on it?

I'm right handed too, but I hate having safeties on my handguns, moving it to the left side would keep it from interfering with my grip, but still usable if need be.

just something to note about the stainless hammer that came on the new stock 2,.....the DA ledge on the hammer is different than the blue hammer. ON the new stainless hammer, the roll off from the DA ledge goes from the normal flat area, to a small (ie: 1mm) angled section. This "roll off" area then goes to the SA ledge. Think of 3 angles instead of 2. Not sure if this is better or not. The trigger is not bad at all in SA compared to my older stock 2,..considering the amount of polishing, rounds, and dryfire thru my old stock 2. The DA is not bad either. I did some minor polishing of the bottom of the sear cage and top rear of the trigger bar (where they meet), and also the hammer, hammer spring, hammer strut. I did polish the plunger but found that channel on the trigger bar needs some more work as it had a crappy looking rut in it. I need to examine the angle of the trigger bar as it rides up on the plunger, as it also looks to start off really low (ie: near the tip of the front of the plunger, kinda too low IMO)

I did some minor polishing of the outside of trigger plunger shaft, but I think the whole unit should be taken apart to polish the inside of that shaft, as you can really feel some roughness when you press it down with your fingers. I will likely polish some other items, the usual suspects; Guide rod, recoil spring, mag release, feed ramp etc.....not really necessary, but a nice touch.

Edited by Mo Hepworth

that post is useless without pics! lets see the difference dude. and see you in Montreal I guess eh? I'll be sharing with Rob Elliot again most likely, but we could always see if there is a 3 bed room?

I will try and get some photo's tonight,..I am on a 12hr shift today. No access to camera. (or my guns LOL)

No worries,...hotel is a good rate regardless. :cheers:

• 3 months later...

When I got my Stock 2 i was somewhat disapointed with the trigger quality. I had a CZ SP01 shadow with all the bells and whistles that I competed with for over a year. I took the CZ apart and studied what made the thing a custom gun and aplied it to the stock 2. Now the trigger is incredible! I smoothed out the double action tremendousely and the single action at a steady 2lbs makes this peace just right. I shoot a 124gr. bullet at a 130 power factor and the thing hardly moves. Now that I have the new mags that leaves the only thing wrong to be my shooting.