Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Battle in the Bluegrass!

Corey,

I know that it is customary To say that a match was a great one, after you have shot in it, and it went well. I normally do not do to much of that. But,,, I will have to say that I had more fun at this match than any that I have shot for a couple of years. The stages looked fairly easy, but they sure could bite you. Especially stages 7 and 8. I mean, how hard can a seven shot stage be? I totally underestimated it. Grat match, and thanks to all the folks that made it happen. ---John B.

Just look at the scores and ask me how hard 7 was :-).

Thanks for coming out and shooting it!

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Stage 7, "Don't Blink!" is the one stage that I would really like to do over. Just 7 rounds, and at least that many ways to mess up the stage...just ask me, or worse yet, look at my score! Besides that stage, I had a good day at the range. I even remembered that my pistol did NOT have to be reloaded after firing 6 rounds (unlike the wheelguns I've been using)

This was Diana's first major Production match, and she really liked the event. No shooting ports that she had to stand on her toes to shoot thru, lots of steel to shoot at, Texas Stars, swingers, clamshells, all sorts of fun.

Squad 11 was a good bunch to shoot with, even if a certain Airedale forgot to bring the brownies.

Our compliments to everyone involved in making this match such fun. So when is the 2011 BITB? :P

Corey,

I know that it is customary To say that a match was a great one, after you have shot in it, and it went well. I normally do not do to much of that. But,,, I will have to say that I had more fun at this match than any that I have shot for a couple of years. The stages looked fairly easy, but they sure could bite you. Especially stages 7 and 8. I mean, how hard can a seven shot stage be? I totally underestimated it. Grat match, and thanks to all the folks that made it happen. ---John B.

7 was my best stage! haha

Corey,

7 was my best stage! haha

7 had my only mike. :blush:

All because I switched plans after seeing the stage shot. I was originally going to shoot the right clamshell first, as it appeared during the dry run that the left "flapper" remained open longer. However, once I saw somebody run it, I realized that the clamshell took a lot longer to present than the flapper. Hence I changed my plan to shoot the left flapper, then the right clamshell (after the steel and open paper, of course). The problem was that I didn't "reprogram" myself adequately and messed up the transition to the left activator, throwing one of the two shots.

My best stage was #5 - which is the one I don't have video of...

Stage 7 shown me I need to work on getting the gun out of the holster, on target, and to break the shot much quicker.

I had a great time...enjoyed my prize table magazine...and look forward to doing this next year with a single stack instead!

Damn that was a fun match. Great job. :cheers: Staff and my squad was awesome. Weather even cooperated.

I'm also glad to see that there are pictures that did not make it up on the the photographers website that i'm pretty sure did make it to his camera. :devil:

Damn that was a fun match. Great job. :cheers: Staff and my squad was awesome. Weather even cooperated.

I'm also glad to see that there are pictures that did not make it up on the the photographers website that i'm pretty sure did make it to his camera. :devil:

Your link is not working. :(

Indeed! good shooting with you Michael! and yea, ur linky no worky :(

It really makes me feel good that I haven't heard one negative thing about this match.....not one. Sounds like we'll have to do it again.....ph34r.gif

Well count me in to work. I enjoyed the last one and wouldn't hesitate to work it again.

Chris C.

It really makes me feel good that I haven't heard one negative thing about this match.....not one. Sounds like we'll have to do it again.....ph34r.gif

Well if negative is what you want; I got a little red from the sun, my ammo only made 130.3 PF instead of the 131 I predicted, my car got dusty because it failed to rain all weekend, AND A.T. looked nothing like his avatar. :lol::roflol:

Corey, I'll gladly come back and help if you'll have me.

Well if negative is what you want; I got a little red from the sun, my ammo only made 130.3 PF instead of the 131 I predicted, my car got dusty because it failed to rain all weekend, AND A.T. looked nothing like his avatar. :lol::roflol:

Corey, I'll gladly come back and help if you'll have me.

We get that a lot about A.T.! roflol.gif

Your link is not working. :(

fixed it.

My computer died before all the pictures were uploaded to the gallery. sad.gif

More are now there including the awards. smile.gif

I RO'ed you on the first stage in the video. Nice recovery to pick up the steel at the end. It was a little fresh that morning.

Chris C.

Edited by Chris Conley

I RO'ed you on the first stage in the video. Nice recovery to pick up the steel at the end. It was a little fresh that morning.

Chris C.

It would have been better if I would have watched my sights and called my shot instead of listening to that loud long diiiiinnnnnngggggggg. That was one big target standing there when I thought i was done. lol.

Great job ROing by the way. Made for a great mach.