Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Nationals Slots

L-10_shooter

First off,

I am NOT the definitive answer to this - Matt Pritchard would be.

However, since I am curious, and wanted to know who at the match

was getting slots, I kinda figured out who all could possibly be

offered slots.....

For Area matches, if a division has 1-49 participants, then only

the Division Champion would be invited to nationals.....

and we had 42 competitors in L-10....

Thats my read on it, and I could be wrong.

As an aside, you did get bumped to B as a result of your

area 1 win, and for that you should be congratulated.

Nationals Slot Distribution Policy is listed here:uspsa-nationals

Hey tim thanks for the info and the link. Everytime I ask about nationals around here, its sketchy at best. I got 5th in L-10 so maybe the top 4 will pass.

I'm pretty sure it doesn't work that way. If the division winner were to pass, that slot would go back in the pool to be distributed to sections, it wouldn't be offered to the second place winner....

We're also not likely to hear anything until there's a contract for the Nationals. They'll need dates, format, # of stages, and schedule to determine match capacity -- and thereby the number of slots to be offered....

Micheal talked about this rumor at the membership meeting during the Nationals that had about 25 people in attendance. At the 2003 Back to Back in Bend there were about a dozen that stayed for the meeting at the range but this meeting was in the evening at the match hotel. It is amazing the things discussed on this forum and the people who bitch about one thing or another and go to the Nationals but can't do a face to face with the President who has made changes and wanted to hear comments. The bumpersticker I got from the NRA says "If you are not part of the solution, then you are part of the problem".

Plastered on the RO tables at each stage and I know I saw a meeting listed in one of the match booklets. For people that know there will be a meeting it's pretty easy to find. For folks that don't always go it a bit trickier. It's one thing I wish they would make more visible.

It was also constantly plastered on the television in the match hotel rooom....

oh oh that means I flip channels a lot....

All I ever saw on the tv were stripper adds, or all that other Vegas advertizing.

AFA the RO tables :surprise: you mean the ones covered in tapers, water bottles, candy bowls,

sweat towels and the like ! ya, an announcment or a big ass poster down at the lunch area

might bring a few more bodies.

Anyway's, something to look into,

One meeting at Nationals is not the best nor should it be the only way, feedback is given on the state of USPSA. That is not Service Responsiveness. Had I been actually aware of when and where the meeting was being held I would have attended. Part of the responsibility lies with me and part with USPSA Admin on not getting the message out better.

One meeting at Nationals is not the best nor should it be the only way, feedback is given on the state of USPSA. That is not Service Responsiveness. Had I been actually aware of when and where the meeting was being held I would have attended. Part of the responsibility lies with me and part with USPSA Admin on not getting the message out better.

It's not the only way. You have Section Coordinators, Area Directors, the President. All of whom have emails or other ways of contacting them. I've always been able to get through to Dave Thomas whenever I called HQ. There is also a USPSA forum that can be used to give feedback. There are lots of ways to give feedback. Just because the organization doesn't do what YOU want doesn't mean they're not responsive.

• 7 months later...

FROM USPSA HQ:

Started bulk invites from the Wait list today. PLEASE be sure to check your classification record for backup. I'm sending out emails as well, but that's a less than perfect medium of communication so check your record diligently to avoid being skipped.

FROM USPSA HQ:

Started bulk invites from the Wait list today. PLEASE be sure to check your classification record for backup. I'm sending out emails as well, but that's a less than perfect medium of communication so check your record diligently to avoid being skipped.

Went from 79 to 14 to go on the list. Check it today on USPSA web site.

• 1 month later...