Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

S & W Revolvers

Bwana Six-Gun

may be coming back. This might need to be in the What I Like forum, but it is still unconfirmed. I think my source is reliable. According to him they will be coming back with the 625 5" after the first of the year. One change though, the barrel will not have the full underlug. Instead, it will stop about 3/4 to 1 inch short of the muzzle. If this is in fact true, that is good news for the wheelgunners of the world depending on the price. This is put out just for a heads-up and info. IT IS NOT A CONFIRMED FACT!

That would be a good thing, as long as S&W doesn't get ridiculous on the pricing. I was a little less than totally enthralled when the 8-shot .38 Supers were re-introduced with a dealer price that exceeded a thousand bucks, y'know?

If the factory is actually listening, I'd like to see a 6.5" plain barrel .45 wheel back in the line-up!

If they are going to offer the 5" barrel again, isn't the full lug preferable? I always thought the half lug barrels look ridiculous and don't really accomplish anything. You have the extra sight radius, but isn't weight considered diserable too, especially out at the muzzle? I could undertand a 6.5" barrel of normal profile, but the 5" half lug makes me think they want to make something that is just different and not particularly beneficial.

Dave Sinko

I know "it's the Indian, not the arrow" and the Champions shoot standard 5" all steel 625's , but a 6.5" barrel and a Ty cylinder gives me... well, you know. I want one.

I shot a 6.5" 25-2 with a Ti cylinder all year, Bill! Nothing wrong with that platform.

I'd like to see a 6.5" plain barrel .45 wheel back in the line-up!

I'd sure like to see a 6 1/2" 625 too. Same barrel profile as the 6 1/2" 25-2's.

Something sort of like my frankingun

625_25.jpg

Yes! Like that. With the new "faster" EDM barrels please.

I know "it's the Indian, not the arrow" and the Champions shoot standard 5" all steel 625's , but a 6.5" barrel and a Ty cylinder gives me... well, you know. I want one.

I shot a 6.5" 25-2 with a Ti cylinder all year, Bill! Nothing wrong with that platform.

That certainly appears to be the premium tricked out set up.