Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Armored Truck Guards

outerlimits

about twice a month i walk in close proximity to armored truck guys carrying loot into/out of a bank. in EVERY case, the guy with the loot has his hand on his holstered sidearm. guess he wants to intimidate everyone. when most of us here are capable of sub-1 second draws, i can't help to crack up every time i see these clowns.

Considering many LEOs only fire their side-arms once or twice a year to "qualify", I wonder how often your average Wells Fargo driver practices?

I'm guessing mostly a show of force for the sheople. Same goes for mall security...

Jeff

I hate being any where near an armored car. If I see one near the entrance of a strore, I'll walk to the other door. The trouble they draw is pretty infrequent, but when it comes, it's over the top. And having known a few of those guards you mentioned, I'd be terrified for them to try shooting at someone while I am in the same county.

Those guards make as little as $10.00/hr! After my

retierment three years ago from the LE field in MA, I

made the mistake of looking into being a guard :roflol:

The co. offered me $9.50/hr to start, then more as the

time went on- top pay- I was informed would be around

$15.00/hr after many years of service!

Then I looked at the round guns they were issued- and

just laughed- thinking that even in the small seaside town

I worked for thirty years- I had a few incounters with some

stolen guns being carryed by less that smart local kids- and

guess what they had semi-auto's! :surprise:

The next thing I was informed is that you only had to "SHOW"

basic knowledge of the use of the handgun- and not even shoot

what they issued at the time of employment! :goof:

Back up and walk very slowly from where you came!

And NO I did not take the job offering- and still retired! :cheers:

I have seen the local Armor truck guys qualify! :sick: Posted a thread here a while ago about them sweeping themselve with a hot gun and safety off. One guy even swept the instructor while trying to unload his gun.

Also had the same crew handling firearms behind the firing line while shooters were down range practicing! :angry2:

Action pistol competitors tend to operate at a level of gun safety well beyond the norm. Thus it can be kind of a shock when suddenly we're exposed to the norm.

Years ago the guy in charge of NRA firearms instructor training for Washington state told me, "I love having IPSC shooters in a class. For one thing, they can do everything I ask them to do, as far as actually shooting goes. For another, they're always very safe."