Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2010 High Desert Classic at Albuquerque

Finished the ever popular Swinging King Gongs today. Not entirely unique but swinging hardcover in front of poppers will require a bit of timing (or waiting)on the part of the shooter. Bang...bwong. :surprise: Dammit! :angry2:

CYa in a couple of weeks,

Pat

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Priceline got me $70/night at Hotel Albuquerque At Old Town. Will that be a decent hotel for the match? Coming from Atlanta, no idea!

That should work fine...you'll just jump on I40 west, go a couple of miles (cross the Rio Grande) and at the top of the hill, get off on Paseo Del Vulcan. I'd guess maybe 10-15min total. R,

Edited by G-ManBart

Priceline got me $70/night at Hotel Albuquerque At Old Town. Will that be a decent hotel for the match? Coming from Atlanta, no idea!

Old Town is a mile or two south of the freeway. Should take you five minutes max to get from the hotel to the freeway. West on the freeway up Nine Mile Hill to Paseo Del Volcan (10 minutes), north on PDV(5-6 minutes) then west on Shooting Range Road to the range (5 minutes).

Fairly quick trip. A little longer back to the hotel as there will be some traffic later in the afternoon. You will have zero problems.

CYa,

Pat

Gee Pat.... Swinging bridges, swinging gongs..... some sort of subliminal message we should be getting here??

See ya in a few.

We be gonna have a fun time! No mind games, just fun shooting straight forward challenging stages.

CYa,

Pat

Wow, that's a pretty impressive list of sponsors! I shipped my ammo out to DS on Friday...really looking forward to being back in a low humidity environment for a change! R,

Yeah, it's a dry heat. :cheers: Be good to see you bud.

Take care,

Pat

Just 3 slots remain, subject to Tuesday mail delivery. Since this is a Level II match, a current USPSA membership is required per rule 6.4.1. Several shooters expired 5/31/10. If renewal isn't processed before the June classification update we'll need to see a receipt or fill out a paper renewal at registration and we'll submit it for you. Self squadding ends 6/8/10.

Wow, that's a pretty impressive list of sponsors! I shipped my ammo out to DS on Friday...really looking forward to being back in a low humidity environment for a change! R,

That brings up a good question. I'm flying from Atlanta and my ammo should be over 11lbs, so I will need to ship it. Where is the best place to send it?

Wow...only 3 slots left to get into the High Desert Classic!

And self-squadding ends tomorrow!

I noticed several shooters have not yet chosen a squad...does that mean I get to choose for them?

BTW, a big thanks to NMBOpen for the awesome job of handling all those match apps and keeping it all straight! :cheers:

Same address as your app will work. Can you get it there by 6/16?

That brings up a good question. I'm flying from Atlanta and my ammo should be over 11lbs, so I will need to ship it. Where is the best place to send it?

Edited by NMBOpen

Match is closed for self-squadding but looks like 2 slots left.

The props for this years' match are quite clever and will test the skills and abilites of each competitior.

One might make you sea-sick and the guillotine can slice your competition down to a manageable size.

I want to give a big Thank You to "whatmeworry" for his tedious work and effort in building these awesome props! :cheers:

Match is closed for self-squadding but looks like 2 slots left.

The props for this years' match are quite clever and will test the skills and abilites of each competitior.

One might make you sea-sick and the guillotine can slice your competition down to a manageable size.

I want to give a big Thank You to "whatmeworry" for his tedious work and effort in building these awesome props! :cheers:

A goodly portion of the work was performed by the resident stage designer Jerry B. A pleasure working with the man as he is a certified welder and is very good at fabbing things.

Setup starts this Saturday and will run through next Tuesday.

A huge THANK YOU to Nanci for gathering the many, many prizes that will be on the prize table this year.

Going to be a hoot!

CYa Bart, :cheers:

Pat

Pat: So you are saying Jerry did all the work and you drank all the beer :roflol: Everyone deserves a big hand for all the hard work they have done and what they are going to do :bow: I will be there Saturday. Thanks, Eric

My momma didn't raise a complete fool. :roflol:

Adios,

Pat

Old Town is a mile or two south of the freeway. Should take you five minutes max to get from the hotel to the freeway. West on the freeway up Nine Mile Hill to Paseo Del Volcan (10 minutes), north on PDV(5-6 minutes) then west on Shooting Range Road to the range (5 minutes).

Fairly quick trip. A little longer back to the hotel as there will be some traffic later in the afternoon. You will have zero problems.

CYa,

Pat

You must drive slow :lol:

CYa,

Pat

You must drive slow :lol:

Some of us don't get preferential treatment from the local PD. They laugh out loud when I flash my "Junior G-Man" badge. The dirty little truth is that I am old. :roflol:

CYa next weekend,

Pat

Hello: Day one of setup was today. The group got 3 complete stages setup and they are working great even with the 60 MPH winds :surprise: I should have worn my earmuffs to keep the sand out of my ears :roflol: It is going to a fun match with all these props and multiple ways to shoot the stages. These guys did a great job on the designs :cheers: Thansk, Eric

We got the heat out of the way last week...100+ days. We're getting the wind out of the way this week...60 mph? :surprise: Came home from the set up so dirty that it took a fire hose and a garden rake to clean me up. :roflol: Going to be bluebird weather next weekend. Trust me. :devil:

Cheers,

Pat

The weather for the upcoming weekend looks to be hot, dry, and not much wind. For those of you who have not traveled to the High Desert before, here are some tips. Sunscreen is just as mandatory as eyes and ears. At a mile high elevation, this southwest sun WILL bake you in a heartbeat. Drink lot's of water, and seek the rare shade when you can. That doesn't mean hang out in the shade while the rest of your squad works, but it does mean moments of shade can go a long way towards a more competitive day. We live here; we respect El Sol.

Looking forward to a fun match. Stages will be tough. No mind games, but 10 challenging stages. El Sol just adds a little more challenge.

cya in the Great Southwest!

One stage left to set up and then fine tune a few others. As Rod said bring sunscreen and drink water. We will have water on the stages but plan on bringing your own as well and some kind of sports drink. Remember, hydrate or die!

Well we have swinging hard cover, a swinging platform (hang on Luke I think she's gonna buck! :sick: ), a boat, windmills and tubes to shoot through. As Rod said, no mind games just fun shootin!

We also have an air conditioned building for lunches and awards not to mention the fastest final stats anywhere. Damn near no waiting!

Thanks to Nanci for putting together a big prize table ( actually a prize room )that everybody is going to get a chance to grab from.

Now I'm going to go slurp a Blue Moon or two and sit down with my Vince Flynn book :ph34r: and relax.

CYa Saturday,

Pat