Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

going from 8# to 3.5#

bigbrowndog

Yes a 3.5 lb connector will get you a much lighter trigger pull, however it may not be exactly 3.5 lbs. But it certainly wont be 8 lbs anymore either. If you want a trigger much lighter than 3~4 lbs you will need to make many other modifications to the trigger assembly.

Glock has actually renamed the 3.5 pound connector "the 4.5 pound connector" because they realized that's much more realistically what you can expect if you change out the connector and nothing else. Going to a Wolff "4 pound" firing pin spring (instead of the factory stock firing pin spring) along with the 4.5 pound connector can easily get trigger pulls down into the 3 to 3.5 pound range. A bit of conservative polishing to the trigger system contact points can take it down even a bit more, though IMO the primary advantage of polishing is getting rip of grit and staginess, and making the trigger stroke itself much smoother.

All of this depends on HOW the gun was given an 8 lb. trigger....

If it has a "+" connector in it (the 8 lb. connector), then it is just a matter of a connector change.

If it has an unmarked connector in it, then it may have the 8 lb. New York trigger spring. One would have to change the NY spring out for the regular coil-type trigger spring and also install a "-" connector to get the light trigger.

As mentioned before, the "25-cent Trigger Job" would also be a big help.

Trapr: Get a Lone Wolf 3lb connector if you are going to use stock everything else. They work well and give a crisp reset. Thanks, Eric

+1 See how you like the stock assembly with just the Lonewolf connector. If you still want to go lighter, there are lots of other things you can change, but the connector makes a big difference, is quick, easy, and wont affect the reliability of the gun at all.

Trapr: Get a Lone Wolf 3lb connector if you are going to use stock everything else. They work well and give a crisp reset. Thanks, Eric

What Eric said. The stock Glock 3.5# is rather mushy in comparison.

And if you have the NY spring assemblage, just pull it and replace with a standard Glock OEM spring.

You can get the LW connector and the stock spring from Lone Wolf, with cheap postal shipping rates on small parts

Curtis

thanks guys, I'll try it all, starting with whats simplest, the connector. It may have a NY spring in it, if so I assume I can order a replacement from Brownell's?

trapr

I would think so. You could also order trigger springs from Wolff Gunsprings, Glockmeister, TopGlock, LoneWolf Distributors, Glockworx, and a host of others....

Most of those folks would also sell you other parts; Wolff is pretty much my go to company for gun springs --- but then they're in the same state. Back when I was living in NJ, I placed an order and asked for overnight shipping to get something in time for a match. They called to let me know they'd get the order out that day, and that it could go ground, as they were in the same UPS zone. I was willing to spend extra to make sure they shipped that day, they realized my concern and called to let me know they could my desired delivery date at a much lower cost. That's service.....

I removed my "+" marked connector from my G35 and replaced with the Lone Wolf 3.5. Very much improved. Take up is still the same but at the break point, much improved.

I used the gun in an LEO multigun match last weekend. Its much more pleasant to shoot.

All other springs are factory weight, no fancy stuff. The 0.25 cent trigger job helped too.

Need new sights to replace the glock night sights though. Warren rear with fiber optic red up front!

-huey