Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

ICOR sights

Hi ya'll this is my 1st thread to start, commented on few.

I have a 627 on hold at the the local shop and was wondering what kind of sight combo's ya'll liked.

Pics would be cool.

I have found this site abundant with info. Thanks Brian.

Thanks Garett

Edited by Xd357

Hmmm.....I wasn't aware of these until reading this thread. Thanks Dean.

Here's the link: http://www.sdmfabricating.com/S&W_Rear..._Rear_Sight.htm

Not sure how I feel about the fact that it's not adjustable for windage, although I suppose a little filing could be done to make that adjustment for whatever load is going to be used most in the gun. And the price......yikes!.....although it's good to have another option available.

The other sight people seem to like is the LPA adjustable. I've never been a big fan, although with the Millett now discontinued it may be the best option available.

I put the SDM on my 625 recently and I like it - a good deep notch, much better than the LPA that was on it.

I haven't had much time to play with it, and I need to go back and confirm this, but the windage seemed to vary slightly as the elevation screw was turned. My initial guess at a position was right on for windage but a little off in elevation. When I settled on the best elevation setting the windage was a little off. I turned the elevation screw 1/4 turn and the windage was correct again and the elevations wasn't off enough to notice.

I just found a nice competition rear sight blade, Jack Weigand makes it and it will fit on the factory sight no need to spend the extra money on the Bowen or Millett sight.

He does not make one with the white outline so i am going to modify mine

Josh Lentz

A-62444

I just found a nice competition rear sight blade, Jack Weigand makes it and it will fit on the factory sight no need to spend the extra money on the Bowen or Millett sight.

Josh Lentz

A-62444

Hey Josh,

Yeah, I'm not a huge fan of the Weigand blade. It's wiggly after being installed, and made of aluminum and cannot be cold-blued once the black color wears off. On the other hand, it does provide a very nice sight picture.

I like that it has a similar sight picture to my autos, especially a Bomar, but I've got an M15 with a widened out stock rear and I like it just fine. I also think that it looks cool, and I'm one of the few USPSA shooters that's willing to freely admit that that's important to me.

I use the Weigand rear with a HiViz front but I checker the HiViz & cold blue to cut light reflection. There is an excellent aluminum cold black available from Brownells. As to wiggle, yes but it does not seem to impact bullet impact down range for me. I have this combo on all adj sight smiths.

Mike,

I am shooting the factory sight right now with the white outline and it wiggles i never had a problem with this. I wanted to go with the weigand because i have 8 revolvers that i want to put the competition rear sights on all the other sights are so expensive

Josh

a-62444

Josh Lentz

A-62444

That's what I did. $38 to have him install the new blade, and it's as good as a millet at half the price. 1/3 of the LPA price. SDM super sight on the front is the way to go also!

Mike,

I am shooting the factory sight right now with the white outline and it wiggles i never had a problem with this. I wanted to go with the weigand because i have 8 revolvers that i want to put the competition rear sights on all the other sights are so expensive

Josh

a-62444

I hear ya on that. The Weigand is not a bad option, particularly considering the cost. They're pretty easy to install yourself, although you'll need to get the windage screw kits they sell through Brownells.

Toolguy:

I think that's the same sight set up I'm using. HiViz rear, can't recall the front sight mfg....

except your front base is different than mine....it was hard to find one that fit.

Edited by m610

it's as good as a millet at half the price.

Anybody who says that hasn't tried the Millett. :D

If the millet so good where would I find a used one?

Thanks for all the posts

Garett

If I knew where to find used Millett target .360s, I'd buy them all. Occasionally you see Millett sights showing up on Ebay and Gunbroker, and of course there are a few scattered on gun show tables. But there is no steady souree.

Toolguy:

I think that's the same sight set up I'm using. HiViz rear, can't recall the front sight mfg....

except your front base is different than mine....it was hard to find one that fit.

Mine is Protocall Design front and rear.