Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Pistol Grip for SX2/ FN SLP

trip5466

I know that FN makes a pistol grip version of their SLP, however, I can't find it(the pistol grip stock, that is). I have seen threads on this and pistol grip/ stocks that have been modified. Does anyone know where to buy one of these bad boys or which one I can relatively easily modify? Thanks

I know that FN makes a pistol grip version of their SLP, however, I can't find it(the pistol grip stock, that is). I have seen threads on this and pistol grip/ stocks that have been modified. Does anyone know where to buy one of these bad boys or which one I can relatively easily modify? Thanks

Advertise that you want swap your sporting stock for a pistol grip. You might get a taker.

Benny- Question for you from a shotgun novice...Is the muzzle flip more with a high comb or a low comb? The standard FN stock looks like it has the same height and the remington 1100 looks like it is lower?

Comb is immaterial - its all about the relationship between the bore axis the the recoil pivot point (the buttpad of the stock on your shoulder). The M16 has low muzzle flip because the stock is in-line with the bore... same with the high grip of a Glock. The best shotgun stock from a muzzle flip perspective is the M4 stock adapter, which puts the stock in line with the bore axis like an M16. The downside of this, though, is that it puts your eye way above the bore. With a rifle this is tolerable because of the sighting system, but with a shotgun, which is shot "instinctively", distance of eye above bore becomes a significant problem. There really is not a good solution for shotguns - just cowboy up and muscle the gun back on target :D

Edited by StealthyBlagga

• 1 month later...