Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

High Plains Shotgun Challenge 2010

More info to follow in the next few days, but here is a nutshell of what you can expect.

12, maybe 13 stages.

a good mix of long, medium and short courses.

slugs from 15yds to 80ish, on paper and steel

Buckshot out to 40ish, on paper and steel

lots of shot, no shoots, pretty much what you should expect from the PanAmerican SG match that will be held later in the year.

I've already got sponsors notifying me that they are interested in helping us out, the location is the same as last year.

Rules can be found on the website, they should not change from last year, except that we will not be recognizing Cowboy division, it was a bust last year so I'm not even going to try it this year.

Equipment requirements will be the same as last year and are on the website as well.

http://www.highplainsshotgunchallenge.com/

trapr

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

on Buckshot "required" targets (paper)you are limited to 9 pellets max for 12ga, and 00 buck, 8 pellets is OK, as is 000 buck. For 20 ga. <_< #3 buck loads are required. If the stage has steel on it you can use whatever buckshot you want for the steel.

trapr

I have the stages done, and am just tweeking them to make them more interesting and less plain. I'll have round counts by next week, do not use the round counts that are currently on the website, those are for last year, although they will give you an idea of what to expect.

trapr

thanks Sean, I'm hoping we can get all the old RO's back for this year the crew worked out well. We'll put Curly on a shorter stage this year.

Round count looks like 16 buck, 16 slug, and 115 shot, these are MINIMUM counts, just as last year I recommend you bring twice those amounts, and for the Buck I would bring a few extra more there will be some targets that would do you better to engage them with buck rather than shot.

trapr

Ms. Kitty there is always room for you, even if you bring your Tomcat!! Maybe if you show up we can entice the brit to come over???????????

Jesse, you have already been volunteered, my friend!!!!

Trapr

Edited by bigbrowndog

Ms. Kitty can't get that far west without me, she used to think I-20 ended at Atlanta, U boys are a long way away but I think we can make it

As for the Brit or european or whatever he calls himself, I only have one Word......................

pencil!

As for the Brit or european or whatever he calls himself, I only have one Word......................PENCIL...

Actually for the record, I am English.....

But we are of course talking semantics if you are at 2000 feet looking down an A10 gunsight..... :roflol:

Pencil :wub:

Spoke to the Miller Man last night.... was figuring I get in Friday evening on the 27th (?) and they (OKC Crew) get to the 'Pre Benning Party Shoot and Cook Out' on the Saturday morning to get in some practice .... seeing as we loose the thursday now its a 3 day match and a'll...... seemed like a good idea we got in early and ate all the Thanksgiving left over cold cuts and beer as well :cheers:

BTW, the HPSC will once again have Nordic Components as our match sponsor.

I just got back from a short visit with DPMS, and Remington folks and it looks like DPMS will once again contribute to our prize table, and Remington as well, they actually have a new pump SG out that looks amazingly Benelli Novaish??????????? I got to play with it a bit and since I had my Nova, was able to do some comparison T&E with it. It shows promise!!!!!

Trapr

The divisions will be: Standard/Limited/Tactical (whatever), Standard Manual/Pump, and Open.

So Auto, Pump, Open. the divisions are listed on the website, as well as division requirements, and Remember, as always............BOX FED SG's that meet the requirements of Auto or Pump will be placed in that division.

We are thinking of having a short team match, much like DPMS's on Sunday, 3 shooters, 8 rounds each, Slug,Buck,Shot. Everyone will shoot heads up, But we need to find out if there would be enough interest, the match director and range master will not be able to participate. So come up with your own team mates.

trapr

Edited by bigbrowndog

We are thinking of having a short team match, much like DPMS's on Sunday, 3 shooters, 8 rounds each, Slug,Buck,Shot. Everyone will shoot heads up, But we need to find out if there would be enough interest, the match director and range master will not be able to participate. So come up with your own team mates.

trapr

Well crap there goes my team. <_<