Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dad and Daughter on a date!

dcarter

I took my 7 year old on a date to see Toy Story 1 and 2 yesterday. While these movies were not designed for 3D they turned out pretty cool. My daughter has been doing great in school and I wanted to take her out for helping around the house. I never get out to the movies much and was shocked at the cost of a movie, popcorn, 2 drinks and a candy bar. We also took in dinner at Wendys after the movie. All-in-all it cost me close to $50.00 for the two of us. But it was worth it. We had a great time.

The time I spend with my daughter one on one is the best. She demands nothing from me but me. I don't have to spend a nickel, kick a ball back and forth in the yard, a walk, fishing in a pond, making smores, or shooting steel (well that does cost a bit) She is such a joy to be with.

Jim

One of the best things I ever did was start bringing my kids to major matches. Some of you guys have been around my kids since my daughter was in diapers and my son pastered the whole passenger window of my Aerostar at the MS State match in like 98.

This weekend is the TN State and it's the official Father Daughter match for us. We camped on the range a couple times both when it's in Memphis or when it's in Dickson but it's the "official" trip for us even when we rough it and get a hotel. The looks on my extended families faces when they see how much the kids have grown is priceless and the time spent shooting seems like far less lost time when the kids tag along! Now my son is old enough to be a relief driver and my daughter can actually help "mapicate" (her version of navigate when we first started this adventure).

I just have to wait till school is out and the basketball game is over for this years adventure to begin!

That's awesome. I'm taking my son to see it this weekend. We've watched them together on DVD countless # of times. I'm kind of surprised that he's willing to go. Figured he'd say that he was too grown up for that "kiddie" stuff. He's 11.

I have 3 kids. Ages 7, 4 and 3. I don't think I could keep the other two sat down in a seat for any length of time so I will have to come up with something else to do with the other two. But it was great to get out just the two of us.