Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Slide Glide

jkatz44

Just ordered a tub of standard slide guide. i am expecting good results. Is there any way to apply it without the brush.

Jason

I use a Q-Tip.

I keep a handfull in my tool kit along with spare parts. Good to get out some of the hard to reach gunk and apply lubricants just where I want them.

Bill

Just ordered a tub of standard slide guide. i am expecting good results. Is there any way to apply it without the brush.

Jason

I use a Q-Tip.

I keep a handfull in my tool kit along with spare parts. Good to get out some of the hard to reach gunk and apply lubricants just where I want them.

Bill

so, do u think i made a good choice for getting this?

More information is needed such as what kind of gun? For example, one of my Open blasters doesn't even like the "Lite" version unless I thin it with a drop or two of FP-10 and work it in. I do like the fact that it doesn't run out of the gun.

More information is needed such as what kind of gun? For example, one of my Open blasters doesn't even like the "Lite" version unless I thin it with a drop or two of FP-10 and work it in. I do like the fact that it doesn't run out of the gun.

i have a SW MP 9L.

I use a 12 cc syringe for vacinating livestock with a 16 ga needle. Cut the pointy part of the needle off with a Dremel so you don't stab yourself. Load up with Slide Glide and you can apply small amounts where they are needed. Keep the cap from the needle for storage.

I have recently purchased some slide guide. My question is could you put too much slide guide on a gun? If so, what would happen?

Jason

It'll make your gun dirtier and you better be prepared to clean your glasses :D

I have recently purchased some slide guide. My question is could you put too much slide guide on a gun? If so, what would happen?

Jason

So, how would you know if you have too much?

Jason

So, how would you know if you have too much?

I guess it would be possible to put too much causing the gun to be sluggish, but I sorta doubt it. I've seen a Limited gun with so much SG on it that I can't think of a good way to describe it. The gun hadn't been cleaned in something like 1500-2000 rounds and was running perfectly. R,

jkatz44,

I merged your two recent posts together (same topic). Feel free to hit the search page. ;) There are lots of posts covering Slide Glide here on the forum. (I tweaked your topic title for the correct spelling/name.)

- Admin

i have a SW MP 9L.

I have an M&P Pro and it'll even run dry (like a Glock)....just a tiny bit of lube is all that's really needed, but SG should work just fine. R,

I use the red Slide Guide, and like it very much.

I was initially using it on a 10mm Kimber Eclipse Custom 2 (medium hot loads), and it worked great.

I even remember commenting to my buddy how easy it was to clean the weapon. No scrubbing needed - just the wipe of a rag to clean the nastiest carbon. (That would usually cake on before I started using the Slide Guide).

Very impressive!

Then I tried experimenting with powders. I used AA No5, and loaded it BELOW the recommended starting FPS...and it was a mess. The Slide Guide mixed with the unburnt powder, and it left tons of gunk all over the innerds of the slide, to include the barrel and slide/barrel lugs.

Total disaster.

It took a little deduction to figure-out that it was not the Slide Guide. The AA No5 powder cannot be loaded below the recommended starting FPS, or else the pressures will not be great enough to ignite all the powder...hence leaving a sloppy mess.

I loaded the AA No5 a bit hotter, there was complete combustion, and with the Slide Guide, it worked great as usual.

Since then, I have coated ALL EXPOSED METAL (to include magazines) with TS-70 Moly Lube, and sparingly use Slide Guide on the barrel, barrel lugs, and feed ramps only. I use a touch of FP-10 on the rails, and thats it.

Slide Guide is nice, and makes clean-up a breeze!!

In Christ: Raymond

PS: You'll know when you use too much Slide Guide, as your face (and shooting glasses) will have a bunch of littel black specks all over the place. (Freckles? Naw...just Slide Guide). :)

Edited by RaymondMillbrae

• 1 month later...
It is Slide-Glide.

I just wanted to update everyone. I have been using slide glide for a couple of weeks now and i love it. My favorite part is that I don't have to clean. I just have to wipe out the old slide guide and reapply some more slide glide. I am so happy that i ordered slide guide from enos! :D