Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Patrick Sweeney Makes Front Sight Mag

phara

I think that it is great that they decided to put Patricks and Rudi's picture in the issue of Front site. That is the least they could do seeing how they completely failed to even mention the revolver portion of the match. How do they think they are going to get the divisions to grow when they leave out the revolver guys from the story on the FGN.

At area 2 this year we had (I think) 10 guys shooting revolver, and the production guys only had 16(I think). My letter to the editor of front sight goes in the mail tomorrow.

:( Tom: In my opinion USPSA has no interest in growing revolver division. They only view it as a feeder device. The paradigm is that a revolver shooter will show up at a match, love the concept, see the revolver is not competitive, and "graduate" to a more acceptable USPSA tool by trundling off to a (preferably USPSA shooter/administrator) gunsmith and drop a couple of grand. They could design revolver neutral stages, but, then the fragile egos of those getting beaten by wheelies would be bruised and expensive auto pistol sales might drop. Sorry if this seems overly cynical.

Underlug : I agree with you 100%. We have beat this issue to death on the forums. We will never get the respect we deserve and I am fine with that. I will keep shooting revovler until they tell me I can't. I just think its to bad that they keep shutting us out like that. Sometimes I wonder if Miculek hurts us because he is going to win every time, so then they don't bother because you know the outcome before we start, or if we would not get any notice at all if he wasn't the top revo guy in the world.

I don't think the "revolver conspiracy" is all that complex: The people in charge of USPSA don't shoot revolvers, so it never rises to the top of their "problem pile." We had the same thing when the top straff weren't shooters. Now we have a shooter in charge, and things are different.

As for my walk, I learned a valuable lesson a long time ago from J. Michael Plaxco. When someone commented on his winning run ont he BCBC at Second Chance, and how he had walked between tables, he replied "Hell, this is a shootin match, not a runnin match." I want to travel from shooting location to shooting location just as I finish my reload. I do not want to sprint, screech to a halt, shoot, and sprint off. I may change that opinion if it shows promise of closing the gap with Jerry, but for now I'm just a strollin' shooter.

Patrick, Congrats on acheiving stardom.

Underlug, the prejudice against revolvers is strong in Australia as well. I take a ribbing every week until the match is finished and the scores tallied. I enjoyed the sarcasm in your use of "graduate". :lol: