Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Copperhead and sabre tooth jumper cables

vrmn1

So about 9:45 last night I was looking in a storage room in the back of the house. The door to it goes to the outside.

Well I had given up the search for what I was looking for and turn to start putting things back up. As I did I looked at the door and saw a copperhead go past the door. I had my Glock 17 on my hip and drew it but could not get a shot. So I put everything back up and turned the light off as I walked out the door.

It was now pitch black. I tripped over a set of jumper cables. I ain't going to lie. That scared me most of all. I knew the thing had turned back and I was a had ass. :-)

I jumped a good 10 feet.

I went back around the and in the house and grabbed my Remington 870 with the Vang Comp barrel and some 2 3/4" mag turkey loads and a flash light and went back to find it. I got in behind it and give it one in the head. That ended it with ease.

Edited by vrmn1

Tony, I am glad this had a happy ending. I few years back a friend of mine was not so lucky. Leaving for work early one morning before sunup, a copperhead was just under the door to his car. He had already unlocked his door and as he was getting in the snake hit his left leg just as he was getting into the car. He recovered but it was a nasty bite.

BTW, missed you at ICORE this month.

So about 9:45 last night I was looking in a storage room in the back of the house. The door to it goes to the outside.

Well I had given up the search for what I was looking for and turn to start putting things back up. As I did I looked at the door and saw a copperhead go past the door. I had my Glock 17 on my hip and drew it but could not get a shot. So I put everything back up and turned the light off as I walked out the door.

It was now pitch black. I tripped over a set of jumper cables. I ain't going to lie. That scared me most of all. I knew the thing had turned back and I was a had ass. :-)

I jumped a good 10 feet.

I went back around the and in the house and grabbed my Remington 870 with the Vang Comp barrel and some 2 3/4" mag turkey loads and a flash light and went back to find it. I got in behind it and give it one in the head. That ended it with ease.

Hmm...pitch dark, feet tangled in the jumper cables...the Old Serpent had you exactly where he wanted you. Glad he didn't sink those fangs in you :unsure: Work on that draw so you can smoke him next time with your sidearm :roflol: ( and what's a revo guy doing carrying a G17 anyway?) :roflol: