Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

C More Sight?

PistolJim

I pretty new to open so if this is a dumb question forgive me :huh:

On my C More sight with Arrendondo glare shield I loose sight of the dot once it gets about 80% or above when looking through the lens. Is this normal? I was thinking I should be able to see the dot no matter where it is on the lens. When I go right or left or down I don't have a problem. Only when the dot is high on the lens (about 80%). Could someone please set me straight on this?

Thank You :wacko:

PistolJim,

On my C-Mores (3 of them) I can move the dot anywhere on the "glass" part and it never disappears, but I do not use glare shields.

There is one sure way to test your scope ... remove the glare shield and see if that fixes your probelm. If it works you need to hack on the glare shield. If it does not work, leave the glare shield alone.

Leo

I took the glare shield off. I can now see the dot no matter where it is on the lens. I agree with Eric you probally shouldn't point the gun so poorly that you loose the dot but Im new at the open thing and I tend to point the gun high. Especially when I go weak hand. Nothing more practice can't help. But Im going to open up the glare shield so when I do point high I don't loose the dot so fast. Maybe it'll help me correct my problem faster. I take it the glare shield just deflects sunlight? Without the glare shield do you loose the dot if your in the sun?

Thanks

I always called that the "C-More Shuffle". I practiced alot with it but I could never get it down. Draws, transitions, strong hand and weak hand. They all fouled me up. I finally got an Aimpoint and I love it.

Some can and some can't C-more.

Good Luck and dry fire.

Rob

It cuts down on the glare and getting the lens flare. Trust me it works, especially in bright Florida sunshine. Was shooting yesterday with a guy who did not have one installed, his 4 min dot looked like a 20min dot, just real dim, but still very annoying.

Jim,

Don't fel bad, I did the same thing when I tried to open up mine. The limcat is plastic, just not as soft as the Arrendando one. It annoyed the heck out of me about losing the dot with the other one. No problems with the limcat.