Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Burris Fast Fire II

the duck of death

I've had one on a Glock for a year or two now, and it does okay. It's not as bright as I'd like, and it is especially dim when shooting indoors. Outdoors, it's bright enough to pick up, but I wouldn't mind being able to turn it up a bit more.

I'd heard there were complaints about recoil moving the switch to the "off" position, but I haven't ever had this issue. You do have to be careful though that you don't pull the switch off when racking the slide.

DSC07423.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
LOL Garrett, I think I know that pistol. Hope to see you in KC again sometime soon, things have been a little loud without you and your toys. :roflol:

Joe W.

Thanks Joe - just one more week and I'll be finished with my MBA and hopefully have time to get out and do some shooting again. :D

• 1 month later...
I've had one on a Glock for a year or two now, and it does okay. It's not as bright as I'd like, and it is especially dim when shooting indoors. Outdoors, it's bright enough to pick up, but I wouldn't mind being able to turn it up a bit more.

I have the first generation like Garrett but I have the opposite problem, I think mine is too bright! I shoot at an outdoor range that has an overhang so I'm not sure if it's reading the light dimmer from the overhand or what but it always seems to glare at me more than I'd like. I too wish it had an adjustment on it, but other than that it's been a solid sight and seeing as I have it mounted on a .22 I havn't had any issues with the recoil turning it off complaint that others have had.

Is waterproofing the only upgradef feature for the FastFire II?

I have the first generation like Garrett but I have the opposite problem, I think mine is too bright! I shoot at an outdoor range that has an overhang so I'm not sure if it's reading the light dimmer from the overhand or what but it always seems to glare at me more than I'd like. I too wish it had an adjustment on it, but other than that it's been a solid sight and seeing as I have it mounted on a .22 I havn't had any issues with the recoil turning it off complaint that others have had.

Is waterproofing the only upgradef feature for the FastFire II?

In a recent conversation with the Burris Tech. Rep. I was told that the circuitry has been beefed up in addition to the waterproofing. I agree that some type of brightness control ( a lock perhaps ) would be a welcomed addition.

I have a question for those using them on Glocks - are you using a slide mount or rail and your reasons ?

Edited by pgh george

PGH,

I know you are asking about a Glock but I have one mounted on the slide of a XDm and except for batteries wearing out every 5 months or so I love it. I am used to shooting both Production and Limited with a XD Tactical I wanted to have the dot about the same location as the iron sights were. I am still not convinced either way. I do like not having to change holsters and after about 2,500 rounds I am happy the way Springer Precision set it up and how the FastFire II is working. As said before indoors (not great lighting) the dot is a little dim but is still better than my irons...old eyes tell me these things.

Hope this helps,

RLTW,

Scott Hawkins

I have the earlier model. I noticed in bright sunlight, I would like it a bit brighter but it's still very usable as is. However, as the light

decreases, such as dusk or dawn, the light is too bright. I wish it had a means to back it off so it doesn't glare as much in low light.

I heard the new ones have an auto setting that adjusts to ambient light. Is that correct?

Craig

I have the earlier model. I noticed in bright sunlight, I would like it a bit brighter but it's still very usable as is. However, as the light

decreases, such as dusk or dawn, the light is too bright. I wish it had a means to back it off so it doesn't glare as much in low light.

I heard the new ones have an auto setting that adjusts to ambient light. Is that correct?

Craig

Craig, The auto setting is the same as the original Fast Fire. The only weakness in it's design - IMHO

PGH

Craig

Craig, The auto setting is the same as the original Fast Fire. The only weakness in it's design - IMHO

PGH

So it's auto if it's ON? I thought there was a separate position for it. Mine doesn't seem to make much difference. Maybe

they are all that way.

Craig

Craig

PGH

So it's auto if it's ON? I thought there was a separate position for it. Mine doesn't seem to make much difference. Maybe

they are all that way.

Craig

Craig,

I have had both the original and the Fast fire II - if it's on it should automatically adjust.

There should be a noticeable difference in it's brightness in different lighting conditions.

Take a look at your dot both indoors and outside.

If there is not a significant difference your unit may have an issue.

PGH

Craig

PGH

they are all that way.

Craig

Craig,

I have had both the original and the Fast fire II - if it's on it should automatically adjust.

There should be a noticeable difference in it's brightness in different lighting conditions.

Take a look at your dot both indoors and outside.

If there is not a significant difference your unit may have an issue.

PGH

OK, Thanks.

Craig

• 2 weeks later...

guys, just bought a fastfire II used..haven't mounted it yet to my AR..

just noticed that when the locking screws are locked, i can still turn the elevation screw 180 until it comes to a stop while the windage screws about 360 degrees

does the adjustment screws (elevation & windage) locks also if you lock the two locking screws? i mean, there will be no movement from those adjustment screws?

• 2 weeks later...