Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Speecsec5 Race Holster for Tanfoglio

sinnsyk

I just started importing these wonderful holsters and magpouches for the EAA and Tanfoglio pistols. To date, the best fit for the EAA/Tanfoglio Gold Team, Gold Custom, Limited, Limited Custom, Stock II, Limited Pro, Gold Match and Hunter pistols.

I started IPSC back in 1990 and there has been a number of holsters that I've tried over these years. I started out with a few different Safariland holster which was alright, but they were made for 1911 since no holster was made for the tanfoglio back then. It was necessary to use a lot of tension to hold the gun in place. A few years later I came across the bianchi holster which I loved over the Safariland. Locking was still a sensitive issue as it didn't quite fit 100%. I ran a customized Limcat with a peg for a while. Ended up modifying it using part Safariland and the limcat 'hanger'. Worked alright, but no perfect fit. Did a quick pitstop on CR speed, but couldn't deal with it. Then Ghost came along and it was faster than any other holster I've had. Adjustments were decent, but somewhat funky and for some reason the gun never seemed to hold in as tight as you'd want it to be. Getting holsters from Italy has always been difficult so finding a reliable source for a better holster became important. The Speedsec made for Tanfoglio came to my attention. I tried it out and realized immediately how much better this holster holds the squared trigger guarded Tanfoglio models.

I just received a big box of these holsters and the magpouches and I can highly recommend them to anyone looking for a race style holster for their EAA / Tanfoglio pistol. I'll be using mine at the US Nationals in two weeks. The nice thing is that it holds both my Limited gun and my Open gun securely. Previously I ran the Blade-Tech for limited (which I LOVE due to it's super-safe way of securing the gun). I now have a new 6" Hunter in 40 S&W that I cannot run in the Blade-Tech and the SpeedSec5 for Tanfoglio is the answer. One rig - two guns.

Check 'em out:

SpeecSec 5 Holsters

SpeedMag Magpouches

I ran a Speedsec with my HK and STI.....I would be using one now for my Tanfoglio if they had been available in Canada at the time,..so I went with Ghost and a bladetech for backup /USPSA production. In my experience,..the Ghost,...Speedsec, and bladetech are the best holsters for tanfoglio.