Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2010 LaRue Tactical Multi-Gun Match

OK boys and girls here is the hotel data. Ground Zero is @ the Hyatt Place College Station. We bought the hotel for the weekend. The rate is $89.00 plus tax. This is a mini suite hotel with free breakfast. Any overflow will be at the Hawthorne Suites next door. The hotel is reserved for Friday and Saturday night. Any one that needs to stay longer or come in sooner will get the same rate.

The reservation phone number is 1 888 492 8847

Group code is LARU

Any questions: local POC is Joanna Forman (979) 595-9903

See you there

Steve

Call Joanna. I just called the 888 number and it was no go for Thursday and Sunday on the special rates. I will call Joanna in the morning. :cheers:

• Replies 815
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK boys and girls here is the hotel data. Ground Zero is @ the Hyatt Place College Station. We bought the hotel for the weekend. The rate is $89.00 plus tax. This is a mini suite hotel with free breakfast. Any overflow will be at the Hawthorne Suites next door. The hotel is reserved for Friday and Saturday night. Any one that needs to stay longer or come in sooner will get the same rate.

Group code is LARU

See you there

Steve

Call Joanna. I just called the 888 number and it was no go for Thursday and Sunday on the special rates. I will call Joanna in the morning. :cheers:

I called the Hotel directly this morning and made a reservation no problem. Don’t use the 888 number.

Google the local number and call them. They could not have been more helpful!

Jim M ammo

Group code is LARU

See you there

Steve

I called the Hotel directly this morning and made a reservation no problem. Don’t use the 888 number.

Google the local number and call them. They could not have been more helpful!

Jim M ammo

same thing here. got the special rate for all 4 days.

I wonder how long the wait list is already? Hopefully I am not too far down it. I was out of town and on the road when the match registration form became available.

Sweet, I just got my confirmation email this morning. Can't wait

Edited by Vincent C

I have a rules question. I hope to buy a new shotgun making this point moot, but just in case I don't get that accomplished I have the Briley Pro Bore Chokes for my Remington 1187. Briley Chokes The chokes have ports on them, does that count as barrel ports for this match or is it legal for Tactical class? Also, if your shotgun will hold more than 9 rounds do you just load it to 9 and pay attention or do I have to get a one round shorter magazine extension for my shotgun?

Thanks.

Edited by BigLucky

Per the rules "the shotgun may only hold 9 rounds max"

Based on that you should plug your tube to only hold 8 and if you can ghost load an additional round, don't.

This match does not have an open class so if you were to have a shotgun capable of holding more than 9 rounds I expect it would be a match DQ for unsportsmanlike conduct.

The choke call is one Greg will have to make. As far as I'm concerned, ported chokes should be disallowed. While the Briley's don't accomplish very much others do and if you allow one then you'll have to allow the others.

-

I have a rules question. I hope to buy a new shotgun making this point moot, but just in case I don't get that accomplished I have the Briley Pro Bore Chokes for my Remington 1187. Briley Chokes The chokes have ports on them, does that count as barrel ports for this match or is it legal for Tactical class? Also, if your shotgun will hold more than 9 rounds do you just load it to 9 and pay attention or do I have to get a one round shorter magazine extension for my shotgun?

Thanks.

I would clarify this rule with Greg as well. I have shot matches that have similar rules, but when you get there the RO simply says that you can load no more than 8 in the tube and 1 in the chamber if your scatter gun will hold more.

Cheers,

Kyle