Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New STI Aluminum Grip - What kind of grip tape?

Davidp1911

Thanks SLM for the reply.

I will most likely purchase the smaller version.

How long have you had the Tru-Grip on your frame? Have you had to replace it after a few months?

I just put the grip on a bit over a week ago. I shot it in an indoor three stage match and didn't really notice the "squirmyness" of it in that match but next day was a five stage outdoor match. That club has a bay that has 25 to 30 pieces of steel and you often shoot 20 of them with just a little movement to shoot around vision barriers. I had to almost stop to regrip the gun it had twisted around in my hands so much. I put the tape on and shot the MI Section this past weekend and it was a TON better. How long it's going to hold up... I don't know yet but I cleaned the grip with 99.9% alcohol that I get from work so there wouldn't be anything on it.

• 2 weeks later...
Tru Grip is no longer ...

Really? I talked to Manny just over a week ago and he told me S_I Tru-Grips were being lasered as we spoke and he should have them in a week. That would make it now. Color me confused. :wacko:

Tru Grip is no longer ...

Really? I talked to Manny just over a week ago and he told me S_I Tru-Grips were being lasered as we spoke and he should have them in a week. That would make it now. Color me confused. :wacko:

You're right,sorry....that is not 100% correct.

They have been totally non responsive so one can only assume they are done.

I would not expect to see much of their product.

The Gorilla Grip is a new product that Derek at Millenium Custom is cutting. They are cut from a slightly differnt type of grip tape. To me it seems a little more durable and a bit more aggressive. The Gorilla Grip is to new to attest to its durability and longevity....but it is readily available.

The Gorilla Grip is cut pretty much identical to the Tru Grip also.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...